EFL Teacher/Activities Leader (Residential)
- Deadline: Tue 05 Jun 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- United Kingdom, Culford, IP28 6TX - Nr Bury St Edmunds.
- Learn English Today Limited
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 2
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
Contract dates are 11th July to 5th August 2018. (26 days)
Our courses are designed to build the confidence of all our young learners and therefore experience of working with young learners is useful.
Successful applicants will be expected to take on a variety of roles at English Today. Main duties will comprise three components:
- Teaching structured lessons that are well planned and well executed. Particular detail expected will be for differentiation within the classroom, and focusing on meeting aims and objectives set. All teachers will have lesson planning time.
- Classroom teaching takes place between 08:30 and 13:00 with team-teaching, in the afternoons, in the form of excursion workshops and drama.
- Teachers follow a syllabus created by the Director of Studies, with autonomy provided in teacher's choice lessons during specific scheduled periods in the week
- Our staff are "all-rounders" and lead groups in a variety of traditional sports and fun activities. You are expected to assist or lead groups in a number of sports and extra-curricular activities.
* Pastoral Care.
- English Today is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Our staff are able to converse with our young protégés and take a genuine interest in making sure they are well looked after and catered for. It is an essential part of an employee's role here at English Today.
You will be allocated specific duties during your employment and supported throughout your time here with us.
* Taking an active role in the safeguarding of our students.
* Supervising specific areas during break, lunch, evening social times and at night in the boarding house.
* Supervising students on excursions and ensuring their safety for the entirety of the excursion.
* Supervising and getting actively involved in activities such as sports, laser tag, casino nights, other themed nights etc.
* Airport duties if necessary.
* Upholding the reputation of English Today International Summer School.
Applicants must fill in our application form with a cover letter and CV. Any gaps in an applicant's employment history must be explained.
We require details of two references for successful applicants one of which must be a past employer. Employment cannot commence until the references have been cleared. A Personal Declaration form and Resident Personal Details form must be filled in prior to employment.
All staff should provide relevant documentation of educational achievements and must complete a DBS disclosure form. If staff have a transferable DBS Form this must be declared as soon as possible so normal protocol can be followed in time for commencement of employment. Any staff that have not completed a safeguarding course within the last 2 years will be expected to undertake an online "Safeguarding Young People" course during their induction period and will be presented with relevant material in the staff handbook.
To apply please complete our application form on our website.
Experience in working with young learners preferred but we do welcome newly qualified teachers looking to gain experience that have the enthusiasm and positive work ethic to commit to a very active and engaged working environment.
Salary and Benefits
1 full day and day off per week
Application form via the link below
Learn English Today Limited
More Company Information
English Today is an independent language school offering a programme of English studies, sports, activities and cultural visits to school groups of overseas children, aged 8-14, during the school year. Most groups attend for 2 weeks and consist of 30-40 students with 2 or 3 teachers from their school. The students and teachers stay in boarding school accommodation within the campus of Culford School, a well-respected English independent school, who provide our support facilities.
Click here to visit the
Learn English Today Limited website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Our highly rated courses give you access to 1000s of teaching jobs. Learn how to teach TEFL and book your accredited TEFL course today.Click to find out more.