LANGUAGE ASSISTANTS IN SPANISH SCHOOLS. Application Period Still Open!
- Deadline: Thu 24 May 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- Spain, All over the country
- Multilingual Education Development & Support
- Experience: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Positions: 10
Details of Position
Don't miss out this opportunity to teach English in Spain and become a Language Assistant in a private school: APPLY BY MAY 24th. No matter what your background and level of Spanish are, there is a Meddeas program for you. Receive a monthly income, free TEFL-related training and take the opportunity to explore another country.
- September/October 2018 until May/June 2019
So what type of opportunity to teach English abroad does Meddeas offer?
According to your background and interests, there is a Meddeas program for you that will include a university-certified course and a placement to teach English in Spain.
Qualifications: degree in English Language or Education OR any degree + TEFL certificate
Conversation practice with up to 28 pupils
Monthly stipend: 930 Euros OR 480 Euros + full board accommodation with a host family
Qualifications: any degree
Conversation practice with up to 14 pupils
Monthly stipend: 880 Euros OR 430 Euros + full board accommodation with a host family
Minimum qualifications: any degree OR university students OR gap years
Conversation practice with small groups OR assisting the main teacher
Monthly stipend: 330 Euros + full board accommodation with a host family
Depending on your preferences and motivations, there are two lodging options: full board accommodation with a host family or independently housing. Families in these programs are linked to the school and chosen by its principal. In fact, they host the Language Assistant on a volunteer basis to experience a cultural and linguistic immersion. The main idea of this cultural exchange is that, when they are not at school, Language Assistants will spend half of their time interacting with the family in English and the other half interacting in Spanish, travelling or enjoying their spare time as they want. During the program, the family will cover meals and accommodation expenses.
The sooner you apply the more possibilities you'll have of being offered a suitable placement, so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Spain receives 63 million tourists every year thanks to its 41 UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Sites. It has a unique, vibrant, and welcoming culture. At the same time it is a Western European country with affordable living standards and high personal security levels. Last but not least, learning Spanish will boost your employability.
Don't miss out on our participants' testimonials on Meddeas Language Assistants' blog. Join us for news and updates on Facebook and Youtube.
- Recent graduates (last four years) OR university students OR gap years. Any degree!
- No previous teaching experience needed
- Someone who enjoys working with children and/or young people
- Energetic and creative
- Competence in the Spanish language is not required
- No criminal records
Salary and Benefits
- Take a certified course given by a Spanish university and paid by the program. Depending on the program, it would be the Expert in Bilingual Education course (20 ECTS) or the TEFL or AMET course (6 ECTS)
- Receive a guaranteed monthly allowance, more than enough to live in Spain as a student
- Obtain help opening a bank account
- Participate in a program run by a serious and professional organization
- Have ongoing in-country support from the school's tutor and from Meddeas
- Get initial training and participate in teaching workshops
- Receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program
- Teach children aged two to eighteen. Learners' English levels range from beginner to advanced
- Enjoy paid school holidays (except for the summer period)
- Pay no fees
Multilingual Education Development & Support
More Company Information
Multilingual Education Development and Support (Meddeas) is a leading organization specialized in giving support services to Spanish bilingual schools, providing consultancy, selecting language teachers and managing language assistant programs
Click here to visit the
Multilingual Education Development & Support website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
4 week intensive courses with hands-on teaching practice, to gain the necessary skills for effective teaching. Support and professional feedback from our experienced Cambridge CELTA tutors. Reserve your place today!Click to find out more.