Junior Summer School EFL Teacher
- Deadline: Sat 19 May 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- United Kingdom, Fulneck School, Leeds
- The Leeds School of English
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 6
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
The ideal candidate will have a first degree and CELTA (or equivalent), as well as experience teaching young learners, preferably also in a UK residential summer school setting.
Details of Position
Planning, Teaching and Materials Preparation
- To deliver EFL lessons for young learners at the Junior Summer School, as per the weekly rota;
- To prepare a weekly plan of teaching, and plan lessons accordingly;
- To contribute to The Schools teaching resources by preparing supplementary materials as deemed necessary or requested, preserving and sharing them with the academic team for future use;
- To plan and implement regular progress testing of students, according to the curriculum;
- To assist the Academic Manager with the level testing of new students;
- To record students progress and complete academic reports as requested by the Academic Manager.
Monitoring Students Progress
- To regularly provide tutorial sessions for setting new goals for students and helping them reflect on their progress;
- To confer with other members of the academic team on students progress as appropriate;
- To report any need or request for level changes to the Academic Manager.
- To accompany students on excursions and other free time activities, supervise them and ensure that the language skills development goals set for these sessions are met.
- To ensure all weekly lesson logs, registers and further documents are completed fully and filed or submitted on time as appropriate;
- To attend staff meetings.
Continuing Professional Development
- To understand the importance of CPD for teachers;
- To teach reflectively, and be open to constructive feedback.
- To fulfil any other appropriate emerging duties to ensure the smooth operation of the Junior Summer School.
- First degree (Level 6)
- TEFLI qualification recognised by the British Council (CELTA or Trinity Cert. TESOL)
Salary and Benefits
Benefits: Full board and accommodation (single room in boarding house); holiday pay (12.07%)
The Leeds School of English
More Company Information
We are a small, independent English Language school in Leeds, offering General English, Academic English and IELTS Preparation courses. We are committed to offering high quality classes, where the focus is on the learner and their needs.
Click here to visit the
The Leeds School of English website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Set in a beautiful location. Small groups. On site trainers. Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included.Click to find out more.