Director of Studies and an Assistant Director of Studies
- United Kingdom, Weymouth, Dorset
- Weymouth English Centre
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job
Details of Position
We have a great team of people who work in a very positive and encouraging environment. These positions have the important role of looking after the academic side of the operation, maintaining high standards and managing the teaching staff.
The successful applicants will be well organised, enthusiastic and passionate about leading a team of teachers.
Your duties will include:
- supporting and helping a team of teachers
- observing lessons and giving appraisals and constructive feedback
- teacher development by means of regular workshops
- organising the testing, interviewing and placement of students
Please note that Weymouth English Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
- we follow up references in details
- we will ask in reference requests whether there is any reason that you should not be employed in situations where you have responsibility for students under 18.
- we will ask you to explain any gaps in your CV
- we have to ask for proof of identity (along with your qualifications)
- a clean certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be required
- all staff are required to sign a Declaration of Suitability to work with under 18s
- any candidates with a non EU passport must be able to prove that they have the right to work in the UK
Salary and Benefits
Accommodation with a local homestay on a self-catering basis will be provided if required.
Successful applicants will be employed under contract and enjoy the full benefits of holiday and sick pay.
Weymouth English Centre
More Company Information
Weymouth English Centre is a small, friendly and professional English language school which is accredited by the British Council. We offer quality English courses in England for young people aged between 13 and 17. These courses include a full programme of activities in the afternoons, evenings and at weekends. We also offer English & Sailing and English & Outdoor Adventure courses.
Click here to visit the
Weymouth English Centre website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
4-week TEFL Courses and Guaranteed Job Placement in Czech Republic, Argentina, Mexico, Costa Rica and China!
Teach English as a Foreign Language after your 4 week TEFL course. Choose from more than 20 locations: See special savings! Choose ITTO TEFL - TESOL Programs!Click to find out more.