EFL Teacher (YL/General/Business/Exam)
- Deadline: Sun 20 May 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- Slovakia, Bratislava
- International House Bratislava
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 5
- Freelance Position
Starting dates: March to June 2018.
Bratislava's advantage is its proximity to cities such as Vienna, Prague and Budapest. A capital city steeped in history and culture, it is also possible to spend time shopping in some of Slovakia's largest shopping centres, drink coffee in cosy coffee shops or enjoy a beer and traditional Slovak food.
Details of Position
1 Teacher TO BEGIN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
1 Teacher to begin in Early April
3 Teacher to begin in late June
The position involves:
- Approximately 25 weekly contact hours (45-min hour) at a variety of levels from
beginner through to advanced.YL classes are mostly beginners.
- Teaching Monday to Friday with lessons usually starting at 7.30am. Although some
classes finish later, most teaching takes place before 6pm (3pm on Fridays).
- No teaching takes place at weekends
- A combination of General English and Business English in addition to YL
Teachers at IH Bratislava can take advantage of:
- Constant support from experienced academic staff (DoS, ADoSes, Mentors)
- Workshops and training sessions
- Formal and peer observations
- Supportive and cooperative atmosphere working with a team of enthusiastic and
- Professional development courses such as IH BET (Business English Teaching
Certificate), IH CAM (Advanced Methodology) and IHCYLT online course.
- Resources from the IH World network
- Possibility of transferring to a school in the IH World network of schools around the
- YL teachers work closely with the YL Coordinator and YL Teacher Trainer to
help develop and run the programme of classes offered in primary schools by IH
Bratislava (Start Right Exams)
For further information about teaching at IH Bratislava please visit our website and read our info pack
- Qualifications: CELTA, Trinity, IHC or equivalent recognised by the International
House World Organisation.
- 1 year experience of EFL teaching.
- Experience with YL teaching.
- Some experience teaching FCE/CAE preparation classes is an advantage.
- A degree is preferred but not essential.
Due to the volume of applications received, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Salary and Benefits
- For teachers staying in their own private accommodation:
AROUND 1000 - 1200 euros gross
- For teachers staying in a school (shared) flat (200 euros a month):
AROUND 800 - 1000 euros gross
- Can take more/less hours (20-35 p/w)
- School provides help getting Trade License and all other paperwork (bank account, transport pass)
International House Bratislava
More Company Information
International House Bratislava has been a language school since 1999. IH Bratislava is well respected and is one of the largest private language schools in the Slovak Republic with over 50 teachers based in Bratislava and other towns around the Slovak Republic. The school offers courses in English, German, Slovak, Spanish and French. Since 2009, IH Bratislava has been an open Cambridge English Exam Centre with the right to offer and organize Cambridge English Exams in all parts of Slovakia.
Click here to visit the
International House Bratislava website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Our accredited online courses are designed and managed by highly experienced TEFL teachers so you can be confident in all that you learn.Click to find out more.
Train To Teach
Take a Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL course with Cactus in April, May or June and get a guaranteed interview. Choose from teaching positions in the UK, Spain and China, among others!Click to find out more.