Senior Teacher - Academic Management opportunities
- Deadline: Mon 28 May 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- United Kingdom, Ascot, Epsom, Leatherhead, Rugby, Sevenoaks
- Thames Valley Summer Schools
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 4
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Join us at one of the top ranked residential summer schools in the UK. We offer a friendly, professional, environment and have positions available from the beginning of July.
Details of Position
We are looking for Senior Teachers for Summer 2018 to join the team!
Our Senior Teacher positions are non-teaching roles (except for cover and during the quieter and/or latter week/s). You are there to:
- support the Director of Studies (DOS) in ensuring that the academic programme is run efficiently
- take responsibility for some of the associated administrative/academic duties
- support the EFL teachers enabling them to deliver fun and effective lessons that will help our students to improve their confidence, accuracy and fluency when speaking English
Start dates for Senior Teachers are between 30 June and 2 July 2018.
4-, 5- and 6-week contracts available.
Please go to our website for a full job description, our online application form, and details of dates for each of our five centres.
We pride ourselves on choosing high-quality schools and we look at everything they have to offer, from their location to the range of facilities. We have courses at:
- St Georges School, Ascot
- Epsom College
- St. John's School, Leatherhead
- Rugby School
- Sevenoaks School
WHO YOU ARE
In addition to the essential/desirable qualifications and experience detailed below, you will have:
- excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi-task under pressure
- a willingness to throw yourself into the role
- the desire to help create a great experience for our students
- a genuine interest in the safety, welfare and happiness of our students
- the ability to motivate and support teachers, both inside and out of the classroom
- enthusiasm and a sense of humour
- flexibility and commitment to the team
HOW WE SUPPORT YOU
- a paid pre-course briefing and preparation time
- a non-teaching, experienced Director of Studies, for support and guidance during the programme
- support from and regular contact with the Director of Education based at our Head Office in Windsor
- an experienced Senior Staff team (mostly from mainstream state or independent schools)
- a detailed Director of Studies Handbook for reference and additional support
- a pre-planned syllabus and accompanying materials to support the teachers in preparing their students for the Trinity GESE exam (which all students take at the end of their course)
- extensive, additional EFL resources to complement the syllabus and materials
WHAT OUR STAFF SAY
"Thoroughly enjoyable three weeks! Excellent facilities, excellent staff and excellent kids! Would certainly love to be a part of another TVSS course in the future!"
Paul - 2017
"It's been a very good year, once again! I always enjoy the experience, because of the great people I get to work with, the well-run course and the excellent location and facilities."
Mike 2001 - 2017
"Excellent support from management and staff. Students seemed to have a really positive experience and it was really great fun and rewarding to teach them."
Mark - 2017
"TVSS gives you a chance to progress, experience responsibility and work to your strengths. I have really enjoyed seeing the students' progress and I love the way that TVSS looks for new opportunities and encourages returning staff to get involved in those opportunities. I would not work for any other summer school."
Lorraine 2014 - 2017
HOW TO APPLY
We appoint on a rolling basis so early applications are always encouraged.
Please note that you will be required to complete our application form which you will find on our website (link below). Click on Work for us and you can view all our vacancies, read a full job description and complete our online application form.
We conduct Skype interviews for our Senior Teacher positions. Personal interviews (when applicable) are held at our Head Office in Windsor.
Please note that due to a large number of applicants we are only able to contact successful candidates. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK as we do not sponsor work permit visa applications. Thank you for your understanding.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING
Thames Valley Summer Schools is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. As part of our commitment:
- All references will be followed up
- Referees will be asked specifically if there is any reason why you should not be allowed to work with under 18s
- Any gaps in your employment history will need to be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required and photocopies of the original certificate will be taken
- All candidates are required to hold or undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and/or provide a Certificate of Good Conduct from their local police (if based overseas)
- Degree Required
- Teaching experience:
- 2 years
- Native level English speaker preferred
- British Council recognised EFL teaching qualification, e.g. Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL or equivalent (weekend TEFL courses and online courses, with no observed teaching practice, do not meet British Council standards).
- a university degree (Level 6 qualification)
- a native-speaker level of English
- minimum two years EFL experience
- experience of the Trinity GESE exams
- previous summer school experience
We welcome applicants with a PBEd/PGCE (Primary Education, English or MFL).
- academic management experience
- applicants with specialist Young Learner qualifications
- a TEFLQ qualification e.g. Cambridge DELTA or Trinity DipTESOL (started or completed) would be an advantage
We have an average of over 60% staff returning each summer.
If you are not an EU citizen, you must have a valid work permit for the UK.
Salary and Benefits
- 12.12% statutory holiday pay (in addition to basic salary)
- Additional one-off payment of £120 for pre-course preparation days
- 1 full day off per week
- Free full-board accommodation
- Free internet access
- Access to high quality facilities at the centres
In addition, if you successfully complete a contract with you us we offer a 'Thank you' of £100 for any friend or colleague, introduced to us by you, who also successfully completes their contract!
Thames Valley Summer Schools
Click here to visit the
Thames Valley Summer Schools website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel! Choose ITTO TEFL - TESOL Programs!Click to find out more.