Residential Camp Leaders - Summer Camp in Italy 2018
- Deadline: Mon 30 Apr 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- Italy, Bagno di Romagna
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 10
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
Thursday 19th July 2018 - Monday 13th August 2018 (this includes paid pre-Camp training days)
We create a dynamic English immersion programme, where English is spoken every hour of every day. This unforgettable experience takes place in the heart of Italy to the south of the Emilia-Romagna region, in an incredible outdoor setting, surrounded by woodland and greenery. The combination of this fantastic camp location along with the exceptional camp facilities means we offer a varied, stimulating and unique daily timetable including: learning & communicative elements (such as one-to-ones, group discussions and debates etc.), 'typical' Summer Camp activities such as sports, arts, social and cultural activities, excursions and whole Camp events, as well as more unique camp activities such as astronomy, orienteering, outdoor cinema and more!
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Camp Leaders will be involved in and take responsibility for all aspects of the Camp life and thus the role is varied. The main elements of the role are:
o Pastoral care and welfare of students
o Facilitating learning sessions (One-to-Ones, discussions etc.)
o Planning, preparation and running activities - sports, group games & activities, forest walks etc. as well as whole school events
o Transfers - assisting with arrivals and departure of all students on arrival and departure days
o Excursions - taking students off-site for a full day excursions
Our Camp Leaders must have a real interest in working with children and, in particular, a strong empathy for working with international children. Although Camp Leaders are not required to teach English language lessons, we do expect them to be able to communicate effectively with our students, using an appropriate level of language to suit the group.
The safety and welfare of our students is of paramount importance at all times and this should therefore be the priority of Camp Leaders, with particular thought and attention paid to managing the children when off-site, often in busy public places.
- Native level English speaker preferred
* Ability to lead, supervise, engage and have fun with young learners;
* Previous experience of working in an international summer school, activity camp or similar context;
* Native/near native competence in spoken and written English;
* Must possess an Italian fiscal code ("Codice Fiscale") and have the right to work in the EU for the entire duration of the Summer Camp (note: an Italian Codice Fiscale can be obtained through the Italian embassy in your country of residence);
* Educated to degree level or currently studying for a degree/higher education qualification
* Sports and coaching qualifications, or equivalent in drama, music and performing arts
* Experience in leading CCF, Duke of Edinburgh, Scouts, Guides or similar
* Experience in leading arts and craft activities
* CELTA Qualified or equivalent qualification in EFL
* First Aid Certificate
* Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
* A good understanding of health & safety and safeguarding
Salary and Benefits
* Full board and accommodation provided
Should you be successful:
* We will require the contact details of two recent and relevant referees who we will contact.
* Any gaps in your application will be enquired about and must be explained satisfactorily.
* You will be required to provide evidence of relevant police background checks confirming suitability for working with children.
* Official identification including passport and certificates (either originals or certified copies) will be required for our records.
Due to interest levels in these positions, only applicants successful for interview can be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
More Company Information
Speak is the first company in Italy to offer English Language Immersion Summer Camps with Anglos. We offer an intensive English learning programme thanks to a team with many years of experience in the field of residential study programmes in the United Kingdom. The Camp brings together native English-speaking Teens from around the world with English language-learning Teens in order to immerse them in English in a vibrant international summer camp experience.
Click here to visit the
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Our accredited online courses are designed and managed by highly experienced TEFL teachers so you can be confident in all that you learn.Click to find out more.
Train To Teach
Become TEFL qualified in sunny Malaga in southern Spain or wonderful Rome. Get your passport to live and work in Spain, Italy or anywhere around the globe. EARLY BIRD FEE!Click to find out more.