Summer School EFL Teachers
- Deadline: Fri 01 Jun 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- United Kingdom, Berkshire, Kent, Surrey & Warwickshire
- Thames Valley Summer Schools
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 40
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Join us at one of the top ranked residential summer schools in the UK. We offer a friendly, professional, rewarding environment and have positions available from the beginning of July.
Details of Position
We are looking for EFL Teachers for Summer 2018 to join the team!
Our teachers deliver fun and effective lessons that promote active engagement of all the students to improve their confidence, accuracy and fluency in spoken English. There is a pre-planned syllabus and materials along with strong academic support.
It is very important that our students are happy and well-looked after in all areas of the programme and they really enjoy interacting with their teachers outside of the classroom as well as in lessons. That is why we are looking for EFL teachers who not only have a passion for teaching but who will fulfil their supervision, airport, recreation, excursion and welfare duties as enthusiastically and professionally as they do their academic ones.
Please go to our website for a full job description, details of dates and an online application form
We take great care choosing our schools and we look at everything they have to offer from their location to the range of facilities. We are happy to run our courses at the following:
- St Georges School, Ascot
- Epsom College
- St. John's School, Leatherhead
- Rugby School
- Sevenoaks School
WHO YOU ARE
The essential/desirable qualifications and experience are detailed below; however, as a person, you have:
- a willingness to throw yourself into the role
- the desire to help create a great experience for our students
- a genuine interest in the safety, welfare and happiness of our students
- the ability motivate and stimulate them both in and out of the classroom
- a sense of humour and enthusiasm
- flexibility and commitment to the team
HOW WE SUPPORT YOU
- a comprehensive pre-course paid induction
- an experienced Senior Staff team (mostly from mainstream state or independent schools)
- a non-teaching Director of Studies and Senior Teacher
- pre-planned syllabus and materials
- extensive EFL resources
- structured observations with oral and written feedback
WHAT OUR STAFF SAY
"Thoroughly enjoyable three weeks! Excellent facilities, excellent staff and excellent kids! Would certainly love to be a part of another TVSS course in the future!" Paul - 2017
"It's been a very good year, once again! I always enjoy the experience, because of the great people I get to work with, the well-run course and the excellent location and facilities."
Mike 2001 - 2017
"Excellent support from management and staff. Students seemed to have a really positive experience and it was really great fun and rewarding to teach them." Mark - 2017
"TVSS gives you a chance to progress, experience responsibility and work to your strengths. I have really enjoyed seeing the students' progress and I love the way that TVSS looks for new opportunities and encourages returning staff to get involved in those opportunities. I would not work for any other summer school." Lorraine 2014 - 2017
HOW TO APPLY
We appoint on a rolling basis so early applications are always encouraged.
Please note that you will be required to complete our application form which you will find on our website. Click on 'Work for Us' and you can view all our vacancies, read a full job description and complete our online application form.
We conduct Skype interviews for our EFL Teacher positions. Personal interviews (when applicable) are held at our Head Office in Windsor.
Please note that due to a large number of applicants we are only able to contact successful candidates. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK as we do not sponsor work permit visa applications. Thank you for your understanding.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING
Thames Valley Summer Schools is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. As part of our commitment:
- All references will be followed up
- Referees will be asked specifically if there is any reason why you should not be allowed to work with under 18s
- Any gaps in your employment history will need to be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required and photocopies of the original certificate will be taken
- All candidates are required to hold or undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and/or provide a Certificate of Good Conduct from their local police(if based overseas)
- British Council recognised EFL teaching qualification, e.g. Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL or equivalent (weekend TEFL courses and online courses, with no observed teaching practice, do not meet British Council standards).
- a University Degree
- a native speaker level of English
We welcome applicants with a PBEd/PGCE (Primary Education, English or MFL)
- applicants with specialist Young Learner qualifications
- previous residential experience, especially with children
We have an average of over 60% staff returning each summer. Although experience is preferred, we also welcome applications from newly qualified teachers.
If you are not an EU citizen, you must have a valid work permit for the UK.
Salary and Benefits
- Basic weekly salary from £385 - £450 (depending on your experience/qualifications and type of course)
- 12.12% statutory holiday pay (in addition to basic salary)
- Paid preparation days
- Free full-board accommodation
- Minimum 3-week contracts
- Free internet access
- Access to high quality facilities at the centres
In addition, if you successfully complete a contract with you us we offer a 'Thank you' of £100 for any friend or colleague, introduced to us by you, who we also successfully employ!
Thames Valley Summer Schools
Click here to visit the
Thames Valley Summer Schools website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
4 week intensive courses with hands-on teaching practice, to gain the necessary skills for effective teaching. Support and professional feedback from our experienced Cambridge CELTA tutors. Reserve your place today!Click to find out more.