Summer 2018 Young Learner Programme in Vietnam - Accommodation Included
- Deadline: Fri 02 Mar 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- Vietnam, Hanoi, Hai Phong, Bac Ninh
- Apollo Education and Training Vietnam
- Experience: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Positions: 35
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job
Shortlisted candidate will be contacted by the 2nd March and Skype interviews will be held in the weeks of the 9th and 16th March.
Details of Position
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and high-quality teaching standards
- A wide range of resources and modern facilities
- Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
- Opportunities for career development
We have a significant number of vacancies to cover our extensive summer programme. Contracts include an induction, classroom observations and a training programme before teaching starts. Our experienced team offers ongoing academic support throughout the summer.
*Free accommodation for the duration of your summer contract
*$300 flight allowance paid on arrival in Vietnam
*Visa arrangements and costs taken care of by professional HR team
*End of summer contract completion bonus
*Salary paid monthly into Vietnamese bank account
Please note that although the majority of teachers will follow the dates given below, some Apollo schools will follow the same programme with adjusted start dates.
Inductions will start on May 18th and accommodation will be provided from May 17th. It is imperative that teachers arrive in Vietnam no less than one day before the induction start date to get settled in and be ready to start the induction and training. The 2018 Summer School programme starts May 21st.
Teachers will be teaching the young learner summer programme from kindergarten through to teens. Depending on the centre, some teachers may be asked to teach the extra-curricular activities programme. Teachers also need to be aware that there is a possibility of travelling to other centres, particularly in Hanoi.
Classes are scheduled between 7.30am and 10.00pm Monday to Friday, 7:30am and 8:15pm on Saturday and Sunday; teachers may be scheduled anytime during these hours. Generally, teachers are timetabled to work on average of 4-6 hours per day, 5 days a week, with two consecutive days off.
Placement testing and attendance at extra-curricular activities are paid at an administrative rate (2 administrative hours = 1 teaching hour.). Regular duties such as preparing for classes, marking tests, writing reports, attending in-house training and meetings, etc. are considered part of teaching duties and therefore are not paid in addition to the salary.
Please visit our website for more information about working at Apollo and living in Vietnam.
If you are considering extending your contract after summer, we recommend you obtain a police check before arriving to allow us to obtain a full work permit.
You are adventurous and interested in learning about new cultures. You are passionate about teaching and interested in developing your skills further. You believe that you can help young Vietnamese people understand more about the world, as well as become more proficient in the worlds global language. You are energetic and willing to put in the hours to ensure you are delivering high quality lessons.
- As - native level English proficiency
- CELTA/Trinity TESOL or equivalent (minimum 6 hours observed teaching practice and 120 hours in person input)
- Bachelors or equivalent
Salary and Benefits
10 working weeks (11 weeks total):
- 45,000,000VND / ten weeks of teaching
- Final teaching day July 30th
- Contract length 18th May to 2nd August
- Contract completion bonus of 6,750,000
- Teachers are contracted for 200 teaching hours over the period of the contract*. Overtime is calculated and paid at the end of the contract on any teaching hours over the 200 contracted hours.
12 working weeks (13 weeks total):
- 54,000,000VND / twelve weeks of teaching
- Final teaching day August 12th
- Contract length 18th May to 16th August
- Contract completion bonus of 8,437,500VND
- Teachers are contracted for 240 teaching hours over the time of the contract*. Overtime is calculated and paid at the end of the contract on any teaching hours over the 240 contracted hours.
14 working weeks (15 weeks total):
- 63,000,000VND / fourteen weeks of teaching
- Final teaching day August 26th
- Contract length May 18th to August 30th
- Contract completion bonus of 10,125,000VND
- Teachers are contracted for 280 teaching hours over the time of the contract*. Overtime is calculated and paid at the end of the contract on any teaching hours over the 280 contracted hours.
*Please note that owing to the Summer School market in Vietnam, teachers on longer contracts may teach more hours during the first 8-10 weeks of their stay to reach the target teaching hours. These hours may then be balanced with fewer teaching hours during the last 4-6 weeks depending on demand.
All contracts include:
- Overtime rate at 430,000VND per hour paid for any hours taught over contracted hours
- Accommodation provided from May 17th for entire contract length
- Meet & greet at the airport. Transportation to and from the airport on arrival and departure
- Flight allowance of up to 6,750,000VND (paid in first salary)
- Visa arrangement and costs
*Please note that all salaries and bonuses are subject to Vietnamese tax laws
Apollo Education and Training Vietnam
More Company Information
Apollo English has been teaching English to students across Vietnam since 1995. Our aim is to be a place where the best become better, and that applies to our teaching staff as well as our students. We offer excellent teaching resources, professional development opportunities, support from an experienced and qualified academic management team and a comprehensive HR relocation support. We are seeking teachers committed to learning and developing as professionals to join our teams across Vietnam.
Click here to visit the
Apollo Education and Training Vietnam website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Our accredited online courses are designed and managed by highly experienced TEFL teachers so you can be confident in all that you learn.Click to find out more.
Train To Teach
4-week TEFL Courses and Guaranteed Job Placement in Czech Republic, Argentina, Mexico, Costa Rica and China!
Teach English as a Foreign Language after your 4 week TEFL course. Choose from more than 20 locations: See special savings! Choose ITTO TEFL - TESOL Programs!Click to find out more.