Director of Academics
- Costa Rica, San Jose
- Maximo Nivel
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
The Academic Director manages all daily operations of the Academic Office and is responsible for a team of 2 to 4 [shared] staff members, 6 to 10 English teachers, and 5 to 15 Spanish teachers.
Details of Position
- Teacher recruiting, training, management and coaching
- Curriculum management
- Support materials
- Quiz and exam administration
- Payroll, time off, among other things
- Holding teacher meetings on the 15th and 30th of each month
- Organizing 2-hours of in-service training for English teachers every month
The Academic Team manages client service with respect to exam re-takes, grade reports, certification requirements, and attendance records. The Academic Team also provides support for all other areas of Maximo Nivel in terms of books, materials, exams, quizzes, photocopies, and rooms.The Academic Office has very close contact with learners, clients, and their families; the Academic Director must be excellent at dealing with the public!
The Academic Director is a member of the in-country Executive Team and works closely with the Country Manager, Director of International Programs, and the Director of National Programs. Whereas the Academic Director does not carry his/her own schedule of classes, they are responsible for substituting and leading classes when regular staffing does not meet the needs of the institute. The Director must generate reports using Excel and Word including: Teacher Feedback Summary,Teacher sick days, Teacher payroll, and other ad-hoc reports as needed.
Regular work hours are Monday - Friday from 6:45AM to 5:00PM with a 1 hour break for
lunch and every other Saturday.
**Note that during the first five business days of the month, work hours are Monday - Friday 6:45 AM to 9:00 PM. It is important to note that the Academic Director works on an as needed basis, whenever business demands dictate that the Director should be there--the Director should be flexible and prepared for this when needed.
- TEFL, TESOL, or CELTA certification required
- At least 3 years professional experience, ideally as a Head Teacher, DoS, or Institute Director
- Fluent English; Advanced Spanish required
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent writing skills; strong team skills and a "love" for team training
- Focused on results--learner success, learner satisfaction, and building an excellent teaching team.
- Adept at setting goals and managing competing priorities. Be the owner of the Academic function!
- Metric driven; able to understand, analyze, and present data to support business decisions.
Salary and Benefits
- Paid vacations
- Medical insurance
- Free Spanish Classes
- Finishing Bonus
More Company Information
A leading educational organization in Cusco, Peru is looking great ESL teachers to join our teaching team. Maximo Nivel is well known in Cusco, Peru for its Native English Program, professionalism, and dedication to teaching excellence and great client service. We are a hard-working and professional group, and these are the kind of teachers we look for.
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Our accredited online courses are designed and managed by highly experienced TEFL teachers so you can be confident in all that you learn.Click to find out more.
Train To Teach
Our expert tutors will help you gain essential knowledge, hands-on teaching experience and classroom confidence for a successful teaching career.Click to find out more.