- Deadline: Tue 13 Mar 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- China, Guangzhou
- New Directions for Academic Advancement
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 6
- Degree Required
Details of Position
New Directions for Academic Advancement (New Directions A2) is an American educational brand that provides a method for guiding children to academic success through comprehensive literacy and moral character development. Established in 2001, the NDA2 headquarters are located in Southern California, where more than 200 schools have been transformed through using its educational resources. New Directions A2 is now being introducing in China as the cutting-edge American teaching model for childrens literacy and character building. We are seeking qualified teachers for our campuses in Guangzhou, Fuzhou and Xiamen China to begin teaching as soon as possible.
- Instructing young learners in spoken and written English.
- Maximum of 20 teaching hours per week. The other 20 hours during the week are administrative (i.e., grading assignments, attending staff meetings, reviewing lesson plans, conducting occassional demo classes, etc.)
- Maximum of 8 students per class.
- Classes are 1.5 Hours long on weekdays and 2-2.5 hours long on weekends.
- Classes are scheduled for the late afternoon and early evening on weekdays. Classes are scheduled for morning through the late afternoon on weekends.
- You will have a Chinese national teacher's assistant with you in each class that you teach.
- You will be trained to use New Directions A2 resources for classes. New Directions A2 curriculum places a strong emphasis on phonemic awareness, total physical response and the sound formation system.
- is an English speaker
- has at least a bachelor's degree
- has teaching certification (TEFL, TESOL, or CELTA)
- is passionate about teaching and dedicated to student outcomes
- has an energetic and enthusiastic disposition
- is willing to receive training about the New Directions A2 methodology and utilize New Directions A2 curriculum
Salary and Benefits
- Full-time monthly salary: 14,000 RMB to 17,000 RMB per month (including teaching hours)
- All working documents sponsored and compensated for full-time teachers
- Health Insurance provided
- Teaching assistant provided
- Airfare reimbursement up to 10,000 RMB ($1,470) once for work visa application purpose on the completion of the contract
- Holiday bonus provided
- Monthly housing allowance provided
New Directions for Academic Advancement
More Company Information
New Directions for Academic Advancement (New Directions A2) is an American educational brand that provides a method for guiding children to academic success through comprehensive literacy and moral character development. Established in 2001, the NDA2 headquarters are located in Southern California, where more than 200 schools have been transformed through using its educational resources. New Directions A2 is now being introducing in China as the American teaching model for children's literacy.
Click here to visit the
New Directions for Academic Advancement website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Our accredited online courses are designed and managed by highly experienced TEFL teachers so you can be confident in all that you learn.Click to find out more.
Train To Teach
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Set in a beautiful location. Small groups. On site trainers. Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included.Click to find out more.