(Summer Term) English Language Teacher: General English
- United Kingdom, Bournemouth
- Capital School of English
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 10
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job
Control and facilitate interaction in the classroom that is appropriate to the activity, promotes learning, takes into account the different needs and abilities of learners and demonstrates an awareness of equal opportunities and diversity issues.
Details of Position
START DATES THROUGHOUT JULY
CSEs mission statement is:
To provide an exceptional standard of English language education and to maximise the individual potential of each overseas student seeking assurances in terms of value, quality and opportunity.
1. Plan, prepare and deliver 90-minute lessons with clear teaching objectives that meet the needs of the learners, considering individual learning styles, differentiation within the group, appropriacy of content, and teaching techniques, guided by CSEs syllabus.
2. Assess learner progress and provide regular feedback to assist continued improvement throughout their course, and encourage learner autonomy and learning opportunities available outside the classroom.
3. Contribute to the development, evaluation and improvement of CSEs General English courses and materials, in order to meet learners needs by being an active member of the Academic Team.
4. Complete administrative tasks related to teaching to CSEs standards. These include:
Complete and submit weekly lesson plans for the proceeding week.
Maintain accurate and up-to-date work records on a daily basis.
Inform the Academic Administrator or Reception about student absences.
When required, write End of Course reports.
5. Participate in continuing professional development (CPD) sessions to ensure CSEs standards in teaching and learning are maintained.
6. Ensure safeguarding and the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults is maintained to CSEs standards.
7. Develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, learners and external partners.
8. Attend a staff induction, date dependent on start date.
9. Attend two compulsory paid CPD session may occur during the contract period (Wednesday 11th July and Wednesday 22nd August, 5.15pm-6.15pm).
Cambridge CELTA or Trinity Cert. TESOL (TEFL-I)
Salary and Benefits
Salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
Initial contract for 4 weeks with the possibility of extensions based on student numbers and demand for courses.
Accommodation available if needed.
Capital School of English
More Company Information
We are an independent and fully accredited British Council English Language School. The school not only provides quality English courses in Bournemouth for adults and young people from all over the world, but also offers specialist English language courses to enable students to pursue their career goals from the business to creative world.
Click here to visit the
Capital School of English website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
The only Trinity CertTESOL in Thailand. Certified and recognised worldwide. Set in a beautiful location. Small groups. On site trainers. Teaching practice in real schools. Meals and accommodation included.Click to find out more.