English Language Teacher
- Deadline: Sun 07 May 2017 00:00:00 GMT
- Thailand, Trat
- Trat English Community (TEC)
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 2
- Degree Required
Details of Position
Duties will include:
* Preparation of lessons
* Teaching 20-24 hours per week
* Participating in classroom observations to improve teaching
* Engaging students with storytelling and puppets
* Being a role model to students on how to be a successful language learner
* Developing supplementary materials and improving our courses
* Contributing to special events and professional development at the college
* Providing formative assessment for students to improve their English skills
Past Teacher Testimonials
Shinhee (New Zealand)
'At TEC the staff and teachers are very supportive, not only at school but outside of work life too!'
'All in all, I would thoroughly recommend TEC as a great place to teach.'
'In terms of teaching, I can't really imagine a more positive working environment.'
120-hour, classroom-based, teaching certification (e.g. CELTA or equivalent)
Preference will be given to candidates with some teaching experience and/or teaching qualifications
Salary and Benefits
* One-year (12-month) contract
* End of contract bonus of 20,000 baht
* 4 weeks paid holiday per year (including some national holidays)
* Health & medical insurance
* Visa & work permit for 1 year
* Thai teaching support in young learner classes
* Assistance in finding accommodation and transportation
* In-house training and professional development
Applicants need to complete a cover letter detailing why they would be suitable for this position with an up-to-date resume and passport photo. Our students are predominantly young learners, primary students and teenagers.
Initial interviews will be conducted using Skype and potential candidates will need to discuss a range of teaching concepts and complete a lesson plan.The first position starts in May while the second position commences at the end of July. If you want to find out more about us, then check out our Facebook Page.
Applications should be sent to Damien Herlihy, Director of Studies.
Trat English Community (TEC)
More Company Information
Trat English Community (TEC) is a small community-based English language college that offers a range of courses suitable for all ages. We use the latest teaching technologies and methodologies to help students achieve their language learning goals. Our core philosophies are as follows: 1. Collaborate which means connect with as many people as possible professionally and socially (via face to face interactions and through online networks) to better ourselves, others and the community around us through education. 2. Play which means a spirit of fun and humour in everything we teach. 3. Equalize which means levelling the playing field so advantaged to disadvantaged students all have the same opportunity to better their lives through education. 4. Create which means thinking laterally and being innovative in everything we do. 5. Facilitate which means guide people in activities that optimize the conditions for learning through the latest technologies and methodologies. Come join the community today!
Click here to visit the
Trat English Community (TEC) website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Our accredited online courses are designed and managed by highly experienced TEFL teachers so you can be confident in all that you learn.Click to find out more.
Train To Teach
9 weeks part-time online study with 2 weeks intensive in-house training at our centre in Maglie, Puglia. Competitive rates.Click to find out more.