Teach English in Chinas Heaven on Earth-Hangzhou
- China, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province
- EF Education First Hangzhou
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 15
- Degree Required
Carry out the timetable of classes assigned by the DOS
Give lessons to the highest standards of English language teaching
Become familiar with the programs and courses of study at the centre and as directed by EF English First guidelines
Develop and use suitable supplementary materials as necessary
Use audio / video materials in classes
Expose students to the use of CALL, and the Internet for language learning purposes
Begin and end classes on time
Details of Position
* Not only do we offer a paid 2-week onboarding prior to being placed into a center, our structured support in order to ensure your continuous professional development is prioritized, ensures your expectations are at the forefront of a successful teaching experience!
* Growth Opportunities for committed, career minded professionals!
* Experience the best that China has to offer!
Theres a saying in China that goes: Up there is heaven, down here are Hangzhou and Suzhou. Hangzhou is located on the coast of Eastern China and is the capital of Zhejiang province. It is a cultural, economic, and educational hub.
It is also one of the most famous tourist cities, thanks to West Lake, one of Chinas most famous natural landmarks.
During the Yuan dynasty, it was called the most beautiful and luxurious city in the world by a famous Italian traveller Marco Polo. Having a long history of 2200 years, Hangzhou is one of seven ancient cities in China.
The city is not just famous for its beauty. The food here is simply incredible. Restaurants like The Grandmas and Green Tea give diners a wonderful taste of Zhejiang province, which is characterised as fresh and a little bit sweet.
Population: 8 million
Public Transportation: 2 major train stations, 1 international airport, 2 subway lines, hundreds of bus routes & taxis
Language: Mandarin, local dialects
Climate: Subtropical, with four distinct seasons
EF Hangzhou Flagship opened in 2001
Teach English in Hangzhou at one of our 8 schools
WHAT MAKES HANGZHOU UNIQUE?
Considered one of the safest and cleanest cities in China
Considered a major transit hub of Chinateachers can go anywhere quickly and on the cheap from here
West Lake, the key feature of the city is massive and adds lots of green splendor to the landscape. To admire the beauty of West Lake, visitors can leisurely bike, jog or walk along the paths that circumnavigate the lake
There are a number of small mountains that surround the city, making Hangzhou a great place for people who love to hike. Tucked out-of-sight are many ancient temples and pagodas that are open to visitors
Every year, people line up along the river that runs through the city to see a tidal bore, which often occurs in the fall
Shanghai is only 1 hour away by bullet train
Teacher Senior Teacher Ados- DOS
* Applicants must be citizens from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa (China's visa regulations)
* Bachelor degree will need to be notarized
* 120 hour TEFL or other teaching qualification (or willing to obtain one) or 2 years post graduate certificate
* Clean criminal background check, valid within 6 months will need to be notarized
* A match with our core values and a love for enabling a childs growth!
Salary and Benefits
* Up to 11,000 RMB/month NET base Salary (Commensurate with level of experience)
* 2000RMB quarterly bonus based on performance
* 3000RMB/month housing allowance and logistics support for finding an accommodation
* 11250RMB flight allowance for a 15 month contract, 18000 for a 2 year contract
* Airport pick up and Year-round logistics support
* Paid Z-visa, residence permit and sponsored foreign experts teaching license
* Paid 2-week initial onboarding and training
* Ongoing Regional and In-center CPD
* 6000RMB study allowance for a 2 year contract
* Cambridge TKT Qualifications
* Paid medical check and health insurance
* Paid Chinese tuition and ongoing Language Learning support
* 22 paid days holiday per year (24 in your 2nd year)
* Monthly social and teambuilding events
* Referral schemes - 3000RMB for each new teacher you refer to our recruiters bring your friends!
* Contract re-sign bonus of 5000RMB
* Promotion opportunities in our ever expanding franchise those who want to develop, we create the opportunities to do so!
EF Education First Hangzhou
More Company Information
EF Education First is the world’s largest private education company and the official Language Trainer for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games! EF was founded in Sweden in 1965. As the global leader in language training, EF has established strong presence in more than 60 countries and trained more than 8 million students. EF English First has been selected by more than 1000 leading multinational companies as preferred language training company, including Coca-cola, P&G and Nokia. EF’s diverse business
Click here to visit the
EF Education First Hangzhou website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Join our highly-rated, accredited course. Hands-on practice teaching with adults & children. TEFL-ize yourself with TEFL International Prague and acknowledge the advantages of small courses at a large family-run language school.Click to find out more.