Director of Studies, Senior Teachers & English Language Teachers
- Deadline: Thu 31 May 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- United Kingdom, London, Kent, Colchester, Leeds, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Ayr
- St Andrew's College Language Schools Ltd
- Experience: 3 YEARS
- Positions: 10
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
We are looking for friendly, motivated staff for all positions working with students aged 11-18.
Residential and non-residential positions are available, and our centres run for 4 to 9 weeks
Details of Position
The Director of Studies is responsible for the implementation and administration of all aspects of the academic programme, including the management of the teaching team and their performance.
This is a management position and therefore, you should expect a demanding workload. It can also be a residential position. If an applicant chooses to take the residential option, duties may include assisting with supervision of students in the halls of residence and he/she should be available at agreed times to assist, if required.
The role of a DOS incorporates the following:
With the other members of the management team, ensuring that a high quality programme is delivered, following our guidelines closely.
Overall management of the academic programme and the teaching team, ensuring that it is of the highest possible standard so that the students derive the maximum benefit from their course
Ensuring that lessons and activities are integrated, following our syllabus and guidelines
Safety and welfare of all students at all times
On the application form, you will be required to sign a form declaring details of any criminal convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings, and any other information that may have a bearing on your suitability for the post. Furthermore, if your application is successful, you will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Scotland background check / DBS to work in England. (Payable by the employee)
1. Educated to degree level (Level 6) +
2. Cambridge DELTA* or Trinity College London, Dip TESOL* or
PGCE TEFL/TESOL* or a taught post-graduate course (MA equivalent) in TEFL/TESOL, including at
least 6 hours of supervised teaching practice
3. At least 3 years full-time EFL experience.
4. Awareness of the responsibilities of working with students who are under the age of 18.
1. Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
2. Over three years full-time EFL experience
3. Proven competence in academic leadership
4. Proven people management skills
5. Able to adapt quickly to change
6. Proven competence in administration
7. Computer literate and able to deal with large amounts of data.
8. Smart personal appearance
Salary and Benefits
Hours: 35 hours / week
Duration: Summer 2018
Reports to: Director Of Studies: Susan Weir and Lauren Henderson, and Managing Director, Director of Operations.
St Andrew's College Language Schools Ltd
More Company Information
St Andrew’s College Language Schools Ltd are British Council Accredited providers of ELT. In 2016 we will run Junior Summer Camps, ages 9 - 18, at University of Essex Colchester, Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh, UWS, Hamilton City of Glasgow College and UWS Ayr.
Click here to visit the
St Andrew's College Language Schools Ltd website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Our accredited online courses are designed and managed by highly experienced TEFL teachers so you can be confident in all that you learn.Click to find out more.
Train To Teach
Modern, internationally accredited course with dedicated trainers and staff supporting you from start to finish. Job guarantee, housing and visa support, extensive resources, prime location, small class size.Click to find out more.