Summer School EFL Teacher
- United Kingdom, Hertford
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT CLUB
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 4
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
There is an opportunity for a suitably qualified teacher to join our fun, and at times very busy, summer school in the beautiful setting of Haileybury School in Hertfordshire. We have been running residential summer schools at Haileybury for 20 years and have a large base of enthusiastic returning staff who continue to improve the course year on year. We are proud of our British Council accredited status and hope that prospective teachers would seek to maintain the high standards that we set ourselves in delivering a dynamic and interesting course to our students.
You will be responsible for planning fun, but effective, lessons. Ensuring that students get as much communicative practice as possible. Dedicated course plans and materials have been devised for all levels. New teachers are welcome to use this large bank of resources or supplement them as they see fit with their own material or using our library of modern course books. Because we have a large returning contingent of staff each year, new teachers will benefit from the close-knit, friendly staff and their knowledge of the courses.
All staff live on campus for the duration of the course and may be in the vicinity of the students accommodation and take turns being responsible for a nightly register of students. However, there are dedicated, experienced Heads of House who will be responsible for the general running of the boarding houses. Teachers also take some activity sessions each week.
As the safety and well-being of our students is paramount, we will require:
* All references to be followed up
* Referees to be asked specifically if there is any reason why you should not be allowed to work with under 18s
* Proof of identity and all relevant qualifications prior to employment
* All candidates to provide a certificate of good conduct from their local police force or an enhanced DBS check.
Teaching experience: At least 2 years. Candidates with previous residential summer school experience would be preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Teacher Salary: £490 p/w, plus discretionary bonus at the end of the course.
* All staff receive free full-board accommodation.
* Statutory holiday pay at 12.07%
* Pre-course, paid induction training sessions to make sure you are fully aware of all responsibilities and the general day-today running of the school.
* Returner's Bonus of £20
* Staff who are given extra residential responsibilities will be paid an extra £30 p/w
* Full support from senior management and senior teacher with any new aspects of the course.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT CLUB
More Company Information
ISC RUNS A BUSY JUNIOR SCHOOL IN HERTFORD, NEAR LONDON, FOR STUDENTS AGED 10-17 YEARS. STUDENTS FROM 18 COUNTRIES. HIGHEST STANDARDS OF TUITION AND SERVICES. FAMILY RUN SCHOOL.
Click here to visit the
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT CLUB website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Our accredited online courses are designed and managed by highly experienced TEFL teachers so you can be confident in all that you learn.Click to find out more.
Train To Teach
Our expert tutors will help you gain essential knowledge, hands-on teaching experience and classroom confidence for a successful teaching career.Click to find out more.