ESL/EFL Teacher – Teach English in China
- Deadline: Mon 30 Apr 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- China, Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Nanjing, Shenzhen
- The Walt Disney Company Ltd.
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 50
- Degree Required
Details of Position
Since the opening of our flagship center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has grown across China, opening our doors to children and shaping their love for learning. Join the team of teachers that provides an award-winning academic curriculum designed to engage and teach children the way they learn; through stories, songs, characters, and above all – fun!
We’re looking for passionate, out-going, English speaking, English as a Second Language (ESL) teachers. You’ll get to discover a new culture, inspire children to learn a new language, and grow and develop your own skills in ways you never dreamed. It's all possible at Disney English.
Our Foreign Trainers (ESL teachers) …
• Provide a highly engaging and effective English learning experience to children between 3-12 years old through the delivery of innovative and immersive Disney educational content
• Use immersive learning techniques such as storytelling, singing, dialogue and role-playing, in combination with formal exercises
• Work a 40 hour work week (20-25 contact teaching hours) including evenings and weekends
• Measure progress and educational results
• Build strong relationships with parents and keep them “in-the-know” on their child’s journey.
• Completed bachelor degree or above
• English language fluency in speaking, reading, and writing
• Able to communicate with young learners where English is not their first language
• A flexible “can do” attitude and flexible approach to working
• Passion for Disney and working with young children
Teaching experience and experience working with children is highly desirable but not essential for certain cities in China.
Salary and Benefits
Salaries start at 10,000 RMB per month dependent on qualifications/experience
Monthly housing allowance up to 4,850 RMB
Resettlement allowance of 7,000 RMB
Paid airfare to China and a monthly travel stipend toward return trip
Three weeks hotel accommodation provided upon arrival in China
Health, dental, paid sick and vacation time
Robust academic training including assistance obtaining a TEFL certification as well
as a Rosetta Stone Mandarin license
Various Disney discounts* including a limited theme parks admission pass
*Benefits subject to change
The Walt Disney Company Ltd.
More Company Information
Imagine having the chance to inspire children and guide them on the road to success. At Disney English, you'll help children develop a passion for the English language using Disney's award winning curriculum, innovative technology and with the support of our beloved characters and stories. You'll help shape their futures, and build rewarding relationships with them along the way. From discovering a new culture to working with a company that has been recognized for family entertainment for over 85 years, decades of which have supported English language learning, Disney English offers a unique opportunity to make a world of difference in a child's future.
Click here to visit the
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Our accredited online courses are designed and managed by highly experienced TEFL teachers so you can be confident in all that you learn.Click to find out more.
Train To Teach
Modern, internationally accredited course with dedicated trainers and staff supporting you from start to finish. Job guarantee, housing and visa support, extensive resources, prime location, small class size.Click to find out more.