- Deadline: Wed 31 Jan 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- United Kingdom, Manchester
- Communicate School of English
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
A perfect candidate is a person who likes working in a busy environment, has a passion for helping a business to grow and enjoys managing people and projects. Proactivity, energy and efficiency are key to this role, as is personal warmth and emotional intelligence.
Details of Position
This role is responsible for ensuring the highest levels of customer service; driving direct sales and managing enrolments and accommodation to ensure that the company strategic objectives are met. Ability to tailor information to the customers context and great communication are central to the position. This role is suitable for teachers with customer service and/or sales experience.
A perfect candidate is a person who likes working in a busy environment, has a passion for helping a business to grow and enjoys managing people and projects. Proactivity, energy and efficiency are key to this role, as is personal warmth, emotional intelligence and an ability to inspire confidence and respect.
- Everyday efficient managing of the front reception desk - ensure that excellent customer service is delivered to students, partners, contractors and agents in all aspects of their experience and decisions are made in line with Communicate School interests
- Supervise sales to direct students; drive and convert walk - in sales; follow up course enquiries from students by creating offers when needed
- Organise effective recruitment and maintain good relationships with host families
- Make sure the choice of accommodation we offer meets student demand
- Supervise the provision of social activity programmes
- Regularly gather and act upon students and staffs feedback
- Take an active part in preparations for the British Council inspection
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of students under 18
- Assist in language level assessment
- Supervise and motivate the front desk staff
- Monitor online and face-to-face communication between the reception staff, students and agents
- Manage accommodation, supplies and student timetables in a cost-effective manner
- Manage the front desk staffs time in the most efficient way
- Ensure high standards of presentation are maintained throughout the building, organise repairs, communicate with the council and contractors when needed
- Assist in preparing content for leaflets, school blog and monthly newsletter
- Update and monitor school publicity online
- Assist in creating content and update social media
- Complete and update work records allowing continuous communication between staff and Directors
- Take part in emergency phone share
- Provide cover for absent administrative and management staff
- Continuously identify areas for improvement and implement them by setting up new systems for all the actions above to ensure the efficient working of the school
- Keep up to date with industry knowledge and use it in order to develop and improve the company
- Regularly report to the Director
Job requirements - essential
- A degree
- Experience in a customer-focused business
- Excellent understanding of customers needs and ability to customise information to the customers context
- Outstanding communication on all levels
- Team leadership and people management skills
- Ability to predict problems and excellent problem-solving skills
- Open to new ideas and flexible, independent
- Reliable with a can-do attitude
- Excellent organisational skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to strengthen and motivate teams
- IT literate (Word, Excel, Google Drive)
- Proficient level of spoken and written English
Desired but not necessary
- A teaching qualification (CELTA or Trinity TESOL)
Salary and Benefits
Competitive, based on experience. Full training will be provided.
Hours of work
The post is based on an average of 8 hours per day (between 8:45 and 18:00), Monday to Friday, although the nature of the role may occasionally require flexibility from the successful candidate; time in lieu will be given.
28 days per year (calculated pro rata) including all Bank Holidays.
An initial nine month contract from March 2018 with opportunities for career development and becoming permanent. Successful applicants must have a satisfactory CRB Enhanced Disclosure check. References will be followed-up.
How to apply
To be considered for this role email your CV and a short statement to Marza email@example.com. In the statement please explain your interest and suitability for the role and include information about your availability to start. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted directly.
Communicate School of English
More Company Information
Communicate School of English is a family-run, dynamic and growing British Council accredited school in Manchester. We are looking for a talented, experienced and enthusiastic Academic Manager / DOS. The school operates from Manchester city centre premises, where we have 13 modern, technology equipped classrooms. We register around 500 students a year. Students follow courses in General English, Conversation, IELTS and Cambridge exam preparation. The teaching team consists of 10 teachers.
Click here to visit the
Communicate School of English website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Take our accredited TEFL TESOL course to earn your internationally recognized certificate, Job Offers Worldwide, and Guaranteed Placement in Mexico, Czech Republic, China or Thailand. Special Offers running Now!www.tefl-programs.com
Train To Teach
Get Qualified with Angloville, travel Europe for free and receive teaching qualification while supporting European students as a mentor. Visit Prague, Dublin, Budapest, Krakow.Apply and Save Now