- Deadline: Thu 01 Mar 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- China, Xian
- Sesame Street English INCITY
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 3
- Degree Required
Fantastic young Learner opportunity!
Details of Position
We value our teachers. We expect greatness.
We are looking for full time teachers who are passionate about young children's education and development.
- Work 5 days a week, 2 days off
- Work from 2-9pm on weekdays and 9am-6:30/7:30pm on weekends
- Teach 18 hours a week
- Have full training and support in lesson planning and materials-making
- Will have a Chinese co-teacher who may assist them in translation, classroom management and preparing the class
- Have no administrative duties
- Get to work alongside a motivated and inspirational team
- May partake in onstage marketing events (optional)
- May pursue career opportunities in management
- Have furnished accommodation within walking distance to the school
- Chinese lessons may be arranged
- We are located on the third floor of INCITY shopping mall
- We teach mainly 3-12 year olds
- Class sizes have a max. of 14 students per class
- Classes last 60 minutes
- All classrooms are equipped with interactive white boards
- We follow Sesame street English text books and curriculum
- We have an extensive resource of teaching materials which include songs, videos, toys and flash cards
- We have weekly Fun stuff activities where the children learn about other cultures and traditions and get to make cool crafts
- We throw kids birthday parties each month
- We have an end of year Gala party for our staff, our students and their families
Xian has a tremendous historical heritage dating back more than 3000 years. It was once the ancient capital to 13 dynasties and the hub of Silk Road trading. History lover or not, you will appreciate the ancient beauty this city radiates. From pagodas, temples and museums to the wondrous Terracotta Warrior Army, there are many awe-inspiring relics and ruins left behind for you to explore and learn about.
Xian is a city than never feels too big and has a perfect mix of old and new. An hours drive away you can go trekking in Huashan mountains or simply relax at one of the hot springs. The natural beauty of this country is breathtaking.
As far as food goes, Xianese cuisine is incredibly varied and some of the best in the whole of China. Eating is a massive part of Chinese culture and you will have the opportunity to understand their customs and traditions. It is a spectacular learning curve and a journey into a different world. Many new challenges, flavours and delights await you!
As I said earlier, Xian is a mix of old and new. Everything can be paid for using your phone here. WeChat and Alipay are the main apps to use. Even an old man on the street, selling honey comb from his dusty bicycle will accept Alipay on his smart phone.
Xian has a good transport system and it's very easy to get around the city. Hop on the back of a scooter taxi for a real ride!
There is an increasingly popular international scene and social network in Xian. The Xianese magazine has a monthly edition which can be found in most cafes and bars. It lists everything you can do in the city with names and addresses of where to eat, where to party, where to go to get your hair cut, teeth done, info on international schools for your kids and where to find salsa and yoga classes and much more. There's plenty of cool bars, restaurants and clubs to wet your apetite. The nightlife here is awesome, check it out!
- A Bachelors Degree
- A TEFL certification
- Ability to provide a clear background check
- Ability to live and work in China for 1 year
- Experience teaching young children
- Experience living and working in China preferred
Salary and Benefits
-10,000-18,000 RMB per month
- 9,000 flight allowance per contract
- Quarterly performance bonus
- 22 days paid leave
- Work permit
- Medical insurance
- Ongoing training and development
- Career promotion opportunities
- Team building excursions
- End of year Gala
- We can help arrange Chinese lessons
- Furnished accommodation
Sesame Street English INCITY
More Company Information
Sesame Street English is an internationally recognised learning centre for young children. Our school branch is located in the heart of China, Xian, in Shaanxi province. Sesame Street education truly cares about the learning environment of children and their growth as humans. Thanks to an incredible team and a wonderful environment our kids are happy, relaxed and love to learn!
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Become TEFL qualified in sunny Malaga in southern Spain or wonderful Rome. Get your passport to live and work in Spain, Italy or anywhere around the globe. EARLY BIRD FEE!APPLY NOW!