Activity Directors & Assistant Activity Directors- Residential Young Learners
- United Kingdom, Various locations - South East England
- Bell Educational Services
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 8
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
We are now looking to recruit experienced, dedicated and responsible Activity Directors and Assistant Activity Directors for our Young Learner Courses running at four UK independent schools between June and August. Each school provides both staff and children with excellent premises and facilities and we offer accommodation, meals and professional development opportunities.
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
Activity Directors are responsible for the day to day running of the activity programme including sports and social sessions and events. Duties will involve managing the activity staff as well as management of the use of facilities and resources.
Assistant Activity Directors will assist in the effective running of the activities component of the programmes to deliver maximum quality, efficiency and student satisfaction.
Contracts of 4 6,8 and 12 weeks are available. However, our peak period runs from late June - mid August and priority will be given to those available to complete a full course during this period.
Each school provides both staff and children with excellent premises and facilities and we offer accommodation, meals and professional development opportunities.
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Sports & social activities management experience
- Team leadership/people management experience
- Proficiency in time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Residential experience
- Management position in a Young Learner or residential environment
- Experience of developing programme materials
- Observation and staff development experience
- Sports and coaching qualifications
- Previous experience of working with children/teenagers
Eligibility and Safe Recruitment
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK
Bell is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment:
- A DBS Check will be requested in the event of a successful application
- Completion of a DBS application is condition of employment
- We do not accept DBS checks undertaken by other organisations
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
- All references will be followed up and reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason you should not be engaged in situations where you have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
- Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Salary and Benefits
- Outstanding facilities and resources
- Well established systems and operating procedures with personalised staff support
- Activity Directors £465 (£394 Assistant)/week plus £56.13 (£43.81 Assistant)/week statutory annual leave payment
- Accommodation and meals
- Outstanding facilities and resources
- Well established systems & operating procedures with personalised staff support
Bell Educational Services
More Company Information
With over 36 teaching centres and projects, Bell provides English language and educational services worldwide. Teaching students of all ages and training teachers, help us in our mission to change lives by joining an organisation that provides a rewarding working environment with excellent professional development opportunities. For more information about Bell please visit our website.
Click here to visit the
Bell Educational Services website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Become TEFL qualified in sunny Malaga in southern Spain or wonderful Rome. Get your passport to live and work in Spain, Italy or anywhere around the globe. EARLY BIRD FEE!Click to find out more.