YL Residential Student Services Directors/Assistant SSD - Summer 2018
- United Kingdom, United Kingdom
- Bell Educational Services
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 8
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
We are now looking to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated and responsible Student Services Directors and Assistant Student Services Directors for our Young Learner Courses running at four UK independent schools between June and August.
Student Services Directors are responsible for managing the Houseparent team and the course administration staff to ensure high levels of service and pastoral care, organising study tours, coordinating transport and managing accommodation and catering provision at the host schools.
Assistant Student Services Directors will assist in the provision of efficient and effective administration and information services to meet the needs of the programme, and in the management of student welfare.
- Bell St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Bloxham School, Oxfordshire
- The Leys, Cambridge
- Wellington College, Berkshire
Each school provides both staff and children with excellent premises and facilities and we offer accommodation, meals and professional development opportunities.
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Pastoral/welfare experience
- Team leadership/people management experience
- Proficiency in time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Office administration experience
- Counselling and interpersonal skills
- Observation and staff development experience
- Premises/facilities management experience
- Stock control experience
- Boarding house management experience
- Previous management experience on a young learner course
Eligibility and Safe Recruitment
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK
Bell is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment:
- A DBS Check will be requested in the event of a successful application
- Completion of a DBS application is condition of employment
- We do not accept DBS checks undertaken by other organisations
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
- All references will be followed up and reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason you should not be engaged in situations where you have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
- Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Salary and Benefits
- Accommodation and meals
- Outstanding facilities and resources
- Well established systems and operating procedures with personalised staff support
Bell Educational Services
More Company Information
With over 36 teaching centres and projects, Bell provides English language and educational services worldwide. Teaching students of all ages and training teachers, help us in our mission to change lives by joining an organisation that provides a rewarding working environment with excellent professional development opportunities. For more information about Bell please visit our website.
Click here to visit the
Bell Educational Services website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Our accredited online courses are designed and managed by highly experienced TEFL teachers so you can be confident in all that you learn.Click to find out more.
Train To Teach
Build up your classroom confidence: assessed teaching practice, individual help, support and professional feedback by experienced Cambridge CELTA tutors. Very high pass rate. Register now and get EARLY BIRD discount. Special package with accommodation included.Click to find out more.