Summer EFL Teachers- Residential and Local Positions
- Deadline: Fri 20 Jul 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- United Kingdom, Bournemouth, Brighton, Bristol, Hastings, Jersey, London, Oxford
- Language Study Centres
- Experience: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Positions: 50
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
Language Study Centres is a British Council accredited organisation which runs courses in various locations around the UK. We currently have vacancies for qualified EFL teachers.
Most of our positions are non-residential, but we do have a few residential positions available in our centres outside of London. Contracts start in mid-June and normally run for between 2 and 9 weeks.
At LSC we believe in using communicative approaches to teaching and place emphasis on applied language practice. We welcome applications from enthusiastic candidates who would enjoy teaching lively classes to international young learners. Our students are aged between 12-17 and in 2017 we welcomed students from 18 different countries.
Duties will include:
- Attending training prior to employment (fully paid)
- Providing quality language teaching to young learners at a variety of levels
- Familiarising yourself with LSC materials and preparation of lessons
- Assisting the Director of Studies with administrative work (registers, certificates etc.)
- Carrying out the schools safeguarding policy and maintaining a friendly but professional manner
at all times
- Giving written feedback on LSC materials, course structure and pre-course/in-course information
to DoS on request
Bournemouth- Bournemouth University (Bournemouth House)
Brighton- University of Brighton (Moulsecoomb Campus)
Bristol- University of the West of England (Frenchay Campus)
Hastings- Sussex Coast College (Ore Valley Campus)
Jersey- Fort Regent
London- University of East London (Docklands Campus)
London- University of Greenwich (Greenwich Campus)
London- University of Westminster (Harrow Campus)
London- University of Roehampton (Roehampton Campus)
Oxford- Oxford Brookes University (Headington Campus)
*There will be a few classes of 10-11 year olds in Hastings.
LSC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As part of our Safer Recruitment Policy you will be asked to explain any gaps in your work and education history. You will also be required to undergo a DBS Enhanced Disclosure check and provide the contact details of at least 2 referees, who will be asked specifically if they have any concerns about your suitability to work with people under 18. Evidence of eligibility to work in the UK must be provided at interview stage.
This role meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Serviced check before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
For the full job description, please see our website.
- An undergraduate/university degree
- A CELTA/Trinity Cert TESOL or a PGCE (certain other qualifications will be accepted provided
they meet specific requirements. Online courses do not meet our requirements)
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK, a valid UK bank account and National Insurance number
- A passion for teaching and inspiring students to learn
- Previous summer school experience
- Experience teaching/working with young learners
- Knowledge/experience of the Trinity GESE exam (Oxford only)
Salary and Benefits
- A strong commitment to providing you with in-service support, training and professional
- Professional premises and in-house materials created specifically for our summer schools
*There will be a £44.80 deduction if you stay in accommodation
For a full salary breakdown, please see our website.
Language Study Centres
More Company Information
Language Study Centres offers a wide choice of high quality residential and homestay English language programmes for teenagers throughout the UK. All of our courses take place at educational campuses.
Click here to visit the
Language Study Centres website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Our accredited online courses are designed and managed by highly experienced TEFL teachers so you can be confident in all that you learn.www.trines.co.uk/onlinetefl
Train To Teach
Become TEFL qualified in relaxed, sunny Madrid. 120-hour, 4-week course with Spanish classes provided.
Observed teaching practice. With over 30 schools in Spain, guaranteed job-offer for top-graduates. Excellent value for money at only 990€. Change your life for the better!www.baxterinternationalteflschool.com