Teaching English for high school (from grades 6 - 12)
- Vietnam, 80 Nguyen Duc Canh street, Tan Phong ward, district 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Lawrence S.Ting School
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 5
- Degree Required
>>> How to Apply?
- Detailed resume
- Color photograph
- Work permit (if applicable in VN)
- Reference letters from current, recent or past employers (if any)
Details of Position
Lawrence S. Ting School (LSTS) is a private, non-profit, co-educational school enrolling students from Grade 6 through Grade 12 following the Vietnamese DOET curriculum with an extended ESL language program. The LSTS school campus is approximately two hectares in size. The school building is 4 floors and has a library, three IT labs, a 400-seat auditorium, four art rooms, and six science labs. Additionally, there is a large outdoor swimming pool, basketball courts, a small football pitch, an indoor gymnasium, a school store and cafeteria. Classrooms are outfitted with A/C, desktop computers, high-speed Internet, white board (front and back of room), HD projector, and plenty of wall space for class decoration.
We are currently looking for qualified native level (L1) English ESL teachers for the full-time teaching.
- Monday Friday from 7:30 AM 4:30PM (1.5 hours for lunch)
- Teaching time is 26 periods per week, one period is 40 minutes.
- Weekly PLC Meetings for teacher collaboration (horizontal and vertical articulation)
- Monthly PD sessions
- Weekly lesson plans for all classes are required
- Secondly, you must be a positive, out-going, self-aware, reflective person who likes to teach, work in a team, and is open to learning and sharing knowledge.
- Thirdly, you must be ICT literate know how to use a computer, use the Internet to find teaching resources, use Microsoft Office software, check and respond to email, upload/download resources, etc.
- As for the formalities, only applicants who are native level English speakers will be considered. All applicants must have, at minimum:
+ Bachelors degree in education, or
+ Bachelors degree and English language teaching certification (CELTA, TESOL, TEFL); or
+ Bachelors degree and B. Ed / PGCE in TESOL / TEFL / Applied Linguistics
Salary and Benefits
1a. Gross Salary is be started from 3,000 USD per month (school will pay all taxes on teachers behalf)
1b. Salary offered is dependent on qualifications and verifiable classroom teaching experience
2. Full-time Contract
3. Paid holidays
3a. 2 weeks for TET Lunar New Year
3b. All statutory national holidays
3c. Basic salary during students summer
4. Health Insurance
4a. Local Health insurance
4b. Accident insurance
5. Work Permit and Temporary Residence Card
5a. Once the teacher has provided all requisite documentation for the work permit, the school process the application for the work permit and pay all related fees as well as renewals.
5b. Upon issuance of teacher work permit, the school will pay for and process the temporary residence card, which will negate the need for a visa
6. Teaching Support & Benefits:
- Teachers will have the same classrooms and classes all year long
- Modern educational facilities
- Robust online teacher platform to track student marks, communicate with students and parents;
- Reflective peer observation program to support teaching team;
- Professional Learning Community (PLC) on a weekly basis for 1.5 hours to collaborate with team members;
- Professional Development once month, which focuses on building teacher efficacy in modern pedagogy
Lawrence S.Ting School
More Company Information
Lawrence S.Ting School (LSTS) is a private Vietnamese school consisting of a comprehensive middle school and a comprehensive high school ranging from grade-levels 6-9 and 10-12. LSTS is situated on two hectares of prime real estate in the peaceful, affluent and modern Phu My Hung urban area in district 7, Ho Chi Minh City. LSTS serves the unique and demanding educational needs of families in HCMC who are in search of a high-quality, international-standard education for their children.
Click here to visit the
Lawrence S.Ting School website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Our accredited online courses are designed and managed by highly experienced TEFL teachers so you can be confident in all that you learn.Click to find out more.
Train To Teach
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel! Choose ITTO TEFL - TESOL Programs!Click to find out more.