EFL Teacher and Activity Leader for Residential Post
- Deadline: Sat 20 Jan 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- United Kingdom, Portsmouth
- International College of English
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 10
- Freelance Position
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
1 Month with the prospect of further employment. Must be available from the 15th of February to the 25th of March.
Stay in a beautiful, historic 19th century Fort, with scenic views over Portsmouth. Full board accommodation included.
Details of Position
- Deliver engaging lessons: Teachers must be able to plan and deliver cohesive, fun and dynamic lessons following a unique and well-structured syllabus. The college hosts international students between the ages of 11-18, with varying English abilities. Generally, students require 15 hours of EFL instruction per week.
- Provide pastoral care: Waking students and putting students to bed, accompanying students at mealtimes and monitoring students during free time. It is important that team members create an environment in which our students feel safe and comfortable, making the Fort a home away from home for them during their stay.
- Contribute to the hosting of afternoon and evening activities: At ICE, team members must accompany students on their afternoon excursions, encouraging enthusiasm and interest from the students. The team will also be required to run pre-planned evening activities including discos, challenge and trivia evenings and fashion shows.
Fundamentally, for us at ICE, the safety and happiness of our students is of paramount importance and so we are looking for team members to join our family-like team who share this ethos.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter and CV via the link below. Phone call applications to the college WILL NOT be considered.
- Degree desirable.
- Previous residential experience essential.
- English must be of a native level standard.
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Salary and Benefits
Full-board accommodation included.
International College of English
More Company Information
International College was established in 1996 predominately as a summer school, since opening we have grown into a specialised well respected institution offering academic/ cultural programmes to students from all over the world. International College offers two residential schools in Hampshire UK and a City Centre School for students residing in Host Families, we have a staff apartment for rent for those applicants not living in the Portsmouth area. We are a family run school
Click here to visit the
International College of English website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
9 weeks part-time online study with 2 weeks intensive in-house training at our centre in Maglie, Puglia. Competitive rates.For more information visit http://www.britishmaglie.com/cambridge-english-celta
Train To Teach
Join our TEFL course and start working in Prague right away! Accredited TEFL training with focus on teaching practice. Highly experienced trainers, friendly staff, job guarantee for successful graduates.www.teflinprague.com