Director of Studies (preferred EFL and FE experience)
- United Kingdom, London
- Rose of York Language School
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Job SummaryFull-time DOS required to manage the day to day running of a small, private language school in central London. Experience in timetabling, teacher support and development, new course research and development (for EFL and FE), preparing documentation for accreditation inspections and ability to multi-task.
Details of Position
We offer General English, Business English and English for Specific Purposes as well as teacher training and development courses. The school is currently looking to diversify into Further Education by offering courses such as BTEC and University Preparation.
We are looking to recruit a full-time Director of Studies who has experience in the EFL sector as well as a good understanding of Further Education and the research and development of new courses in both fields.
The successful candidate will:
- manage the academic timetable and course plans with regular reviews, taking into account changing student needs and feedback from teachers and students;
- liaise closely with the Managing Director and Head of Operations;
- review the academic programme through research, analysis and making decisions based on conclusions drawn from observations, market research, literature reviews or a combination of these;
- develop new courses for both EFL and Further Education purposes based on the research findings above;
- support and lead a small team of teachers and delegate selected responsibilities to the Senior Teacher as required;
- liaise with the Managing Director to ensure the quality provision of the product advertised (i.e. language courses) to the customer;
- carry out administrative duties as required of the position and in collaboration with the MD;
- monitor teaching methods, materials and classroom environments to support staff and provide the appropriate guidance to help achieve academic quality;
- undertake the training (Level 3) and responsibilities for the Designated Safeguarding Lead and to ensure the school implements a comprehensive and up to date Safeguarding policy;
- ensure that the school delivers and maintains an effective Prevent risk assessment /action plan and policy;
- provide backup teaching cover for classes, where necessary;
- exemplify and integrate core British values into the ethos of the school;
- organise and deliver a comprehensive CPD schedule in conjunction with the Senior Teacher;
- be competent in preparing documentation for compliance requirements, such as for the British Council, ISI and the Home Office;
- have a passion for teaching, exemplary interpersonal skills, flexibility, excellent; organisational skills, ability to delegate responsibly and a strong sense of professionalism.
1. DELTA / DipTESOL or equivalent
2. University degree or equivalent
3. CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL or equivalent
4. Current enhanced DBS check
5. Native or proficient user of English
6. At least 3 years' teaching experience and 1 year academic management experience
7. Live within easy reach of central London
1. Postgraduate qualification/s in Linguistics, TEFL or similar
2. Familiarity and experience working in a Further Education context, especially in terms of course development and an awareness of the associated requirements and compliance.
Eligibility and Safe Recruitment:
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK
Rose of York is committed to ensuring that the Safeguarding of our students is paramount and we expect our staff to share this commitment so an enhanced DBS check and 2 positive references are a condition of employment:
- references will be followed up
- all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
- proof of identity and qualifications will be required
- reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that applicants should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
- appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter.
Salary and BenefitsSalary dependent on experience and qualifications.
Rose of York Language School
More Company Information
Check our website for more details.
Click here to visit the
Rose of York Language School website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Join our TEFL course and start working in Prague right away! Accredited TEFL training with focus on teaching practice. Highly experienced trainers, friendly staff, job guarantee for successful graduates.www.teflinprague.com