English Teaching Placement leading to CertTESOL/CELT-P qualification
- Deadline: Fri 02 Mar 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- Austria, Vorchdorf
- English Teacher Training College
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 15
Details of Position
SPRING/SUMMER PROGRAM: FEBRUARY 17th to July 7th 2018
Teach and travel in beautiful Austria with a non-profit organization while earning an internationally recognized TEFL qualification! As a Student Teacher on our intensive teacher training program, you will travel together with your teaching practice group while learning to teach English as a foreign language to young learners. Student Teachers gain over 300 hours of teaching experience in more than twenty different schools across Austria, while experiencing the rich culture of a country with one of the highest standards of living!
As a non-profit with a mission to provide quality teacher training to young people based solely on academic merit and potential as cultural ambassadors, we are able to offer scholarships to qualified candidates to participate in our program. Successful candidates will receive, in addition to a place on the program, shared accommodation, basic food supplies, teaching materials and program related travel. Our Job Placement Program, available during the final two weeks of the program, offers Student Teacher with CV assistance, professional development and resources for finding and applying to TEFL positions around the globe.
- English is the applicants first language (i.e. mother tongue) OR is spoken at native level AND the applicant has lived a significant proportion of their life in a native English speaking country
- At least 18 years of age
- A demonstrable interest in teaching English and working with children
- Qualifications which would allow entry to Higher Education in one's home country e.g. English A-Levels, Scottish Highers, Irish Leaving Certificate, U.S. High School Diploma with a good GPA, International Baccalaureate etc
- Ability and desire to serve as a cultural ambassador for ones home country
Experience in a non-traditional teaching or non-profit environment such as in summer camps, youth groups, outdoor education, volunteer projects etc will be advantageous, however, all candidates are considered
Salary and Benefits
WHAT WE PROVIDE
When you earn a scholarship with the English Teacher Training College, you will receive:
- Trinity College London CertTESOL certification course
- Extended training in communicative language teaching, project work, game-based learning and task-based learning techniques
- At least 300 hours of practical teaching experience in real Austrian classrooms
- Over 29 hours of observed and assessed feedback, including observing experienced Senior Teachers, microteaching video feedback, and regular feedback on your own teaching from highly qualified Course Tutors
In addition to:
- Visa assistance (non-EU candidates)
- FREE accommodation in student dormitories
- FREE grocery vouchers to cover basic food expenses
- All course-related transportation in Austria i.e. between campus and school
English Teacher Training College
More Company Information
The English Teacher Training College (ABCi) is a non-profit Austrian College with a dual mission: Firstly, as a college, to provide a practical education in teacher training for trainees from the English-speaking world based solely on the candidate's academic merit. Secondly, as a charity outreach, to promote language learning and cultural exchange between English-speaking countries and Austria. We aim to reach every child with a free English project by the year 2020.
Click here to visit the
English Teacher Training College website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Become TEFL qualified in relaxed, sunny Madrid. 120-hour, 4-week course with Spanish classes provided.
Observed teaching practice. With over 30 schools in Spain, guaranteed job-offer for top-graduates. Excellent value for money at only 990€. Change your life for the better!www.baxterinternationalteflschool.com
Train To Teach
Our accredited online courses are designed and managed by highly experienced TEFL teachers so you can be confident in all that you learn.www.trines.co.uk/onlinetefl