Teach English in Ecuador at IH Guayaquil
- Ecuador, Guayaquil.
- St Nicholas Preschool
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 4
- Degree Required
Details of Position
IH Guayaquil (operating locally as BSL - British School of Language) affiliated to IH World Organisation of language schools in 2014, and is the authorized Cambridge English Language Assessment centre covering the coastal region of Ecuador. We offer a residential CELTA course, as well as TKT preparation courses and an ICELT course to local teachers and (from May 2018), CELT-Primary and CELT-Secondary - a real opportunity for DELTA-qualified / experienced teachers to move into teacher training and/or oral examining (minimum two-year commitment required).
NB IH Guayaquil is committed to looking after the welfare of its staff and students, and expects all employees to share this commitment. By applying for this job you confirm that you are of suitable character, safe to work with children and young people, and have no relevant criminal convictions.
- CELTA, Trinity, IHC or equivalent recognized by the International House World Organisation.
NB An online TEFL/TESL course is NOT considered an adequate initial teaching qualification.
- Experience of EFL teaching (minimum of one year preferred)
- Some experience with YL teaching preferred
- Experience teaching exam preparation classes preferred but not essential
- Undergraduate degree essential.
Salary and Benefits
US$960-1440 (net) depending on qualifications and experience (for 80 teaching hours per calendar month - extra hours paid on top)
* Free visa on completion of one-month probation
* $1000 'bonus' upon completion of 2-year contract
* $150 stipend upon arrival to help towards initial accommodation costs
* Free Spanish classes (in small groups, not 1to1s)
* Excellent, comprehensive CPD program
* Free local medical insurance
* Monthly salary rather than hourly paid inc. sick leave and four weeks paid leave per annum (not including Public Holidays)
NB We do NOT provide initial financial support for flights or accommodation though we will help you find somewhere suitable to live when you arrive.
St Nicholas Preschool
More Company Information
Saint Nicholas Preschool opened in 2014. It is located in Guayaquil which is the second largest city in Ecuador with a population of 3 million people. The local area is predominately upper-middle and middle class as are the children at Saint Nicholas. Currently there are 60 students registered and our upper limit is 100. We deliver all our classes in English. Each class is facilitated by a lead teacher and an assistant. Maximum class size is 16. We emphasize high quality learning through play.
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Modern, internationally accredited course with dedicated trainers and staff supporting you from start to finish. Job guarantee, housing and visa support, extensive resources, prime location, small class size.Click to find out more.