Daegu, South Korea_English Teaching Jobs available all year round
- Deadline: Mon 31 Dec 2018 00:00:00 GMT
- South Korea, Daegu Metropolitan City
- Experience: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Positions: 20
- Degree Required
A prepaid flight to Korea, rent-free fully furnished single studio apartment, medical insurance, national pension etc. are provided.
Native level English speakers with a Bachelor's degree in any field and no criminal record are eligible for E-2 visa for English teaching positions in S.Korea.
Details of Position
- One way prepaid flight to Korea, rent free fully furnished single studio apartment, medical insurance, 10 days vacation with additional national holidays etc. are included.
- Teach English to young learners aged from 7 to 15 (working hours; 2 pm till 10 pm) or aged from 3 to 10 (working hours; 9:30 am till 6:30 pm) at private English language schools (so called 'hagwon') with small-sized classes with maxim 12 students at each class in Daegu Metropolitan city, the 3rd largest city in South Korea with its population of around 2.5 million and over 1,000 native English speaking teachers currently working in Daegu.
- About Daegu city
The City of Daegu is located inland, southeast of the Korean Peninsula. Its population is around 2.5 million. It takes around 1 hour and 40 min. from 'Dongdaegu' station to Seoul and 50 min. to Busan by express train (KTX); http://www.letskorail.com/ebizbf/EbizBfTicketSearch.do. You can find more information on the city of Daegu at http://www.daegu.go.kr/english/index.do and Facebook group 'colorfuldaegu'.
- How to Apply
Please send me your resume and some recent photos with your available date for employment in S.Korea by email or post them on our website (link below).
- Bachelor's degree in any field (TEFL certificate or transcripts are not necessary)
- a notarized photocopy or original copy of Bachelor's degree certificate with apostille attached (a photocopy of Bachelors degree certificate verified by a Korean consulate in Canada for Canadians)
- an original copy of national (FBI) criminal background check issued within 6 months with apostille attached (an original copy verified by a Korean consulate in Canada for Canadians)
- a copy of passport information page
- resume with your name, contact number, address, and signature
- five passport-sized color photos with white background
- E-2 Applicants Health Statement (Foreign language teachers are supposed to take a medical check at a general hospital in South Korea within 3 months after arrival for alien registration card.)
- must be native level English speakers with the nationality of Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, U.K., or U.S.A. (alphabetical order) in accordance with the Korean government's Policy
Salary and Benefits
- prepaid one-way flight ticket to Korea or a return flight back home
- rent free fully-furnished single studio apartment within 10 min. walking distance of work
- severance pay, equivalent of 1 month's salary on completion of 1-year contract
- around 10 days vacation scheduled by school and additional 15 national holidays a year
- half of medical insurance premium and national pension paid by the employer
- fewer than 12 students at each class
- all the curriculum provided
- length of contract: 1 year
More Company Information
DaeguTEFLjob has been recruiting native English speaking teachers for private language schools (hagwon) in Daegu, the 3rd largest city in S.Korea since 2003 and Gene Kim is a manager of private language school directors' association in Daegu. There are around 400 private English language schools and over 1,000 native English speaking teachers in Daegu. Teaching positions are available all year round so you can apply anytime in a year.
Click here to visit the
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Our accredited online courses are designed and managed by highly experienced TEFL teachers so you can be confident in all that you learn.Click to find out more.