Teach at University in Japan
- Japan, The Greater Tokyo Area and Nagoya
- Westgate Corporation
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 50
- Degree Required
Job SummaryWestgate aims to shape the future of English education in Japan. We have been providing conversation-based practical English lessons since 1983 and hire over 400 instructors every year. Generations of Japanese students have developed their communicative English skills and cultural awareness on our programs. As well as helping to shape the direction of our students lives and careers, we have also been a gateway to career development for countless English instructors around the world.
Details of Position
We are seeking highly motivated educators to teach English at universities in Japan. This unique opportunity is for bright teachers eager to enrich their teaching skills while realizing the dream of exploring a foreign country.
2) CONTRACT PERIOD:
- SPRING TERM -- April / May to July (approx. 3 to 4 months)
- FALL TERM -- September to December / January (approx. 3 to 5 months)
Tokyo, Kanagawa, Chiba, Saitama, and Aichi
Qualifications- University graduate with a bachelor's and/or more advanced degree, plus one of the following:
a) experience teaching EFL/ESL in a classroom environment, along with a teaching certificate (TEFL/TESL/TESOL) and/or teaching credentials or qualifications (elementary/primary/secondary)
b) 1000+ hours of EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificates, credentials or qualifications
* No Japanese language ability is required.
Salary and Benefits1) COMPENSATION:
- Approximately 260,000 yen per month for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification, but less than 499 hours of actual classroom teaching experience
- Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors with a teaching certificate or qualification who have 500+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience
- Approximately 275,000 yen per month or more for instructors who have 1000+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching qualifications
*Note: Compensation is based on an hourly rate of pay. Exact monthly earnings fluctuate but over the course of a contract period average out to the figures listed above.
- HOUSING is provided. We can arrange a furnished single apartment with a rental fee of 81,000 yen per month (utilities and maintenance fees included).
- FLIGHT REIMBURSEMENT of up to 1200 USD is offered for those coming from overseas.
- WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available.
- RENEWABLE contract.
More Company Information
In 1983, Westgate saw a need for English language education reform in Japan. After years of English education focused on grammar and reading, university graduates were arriving unprepared in a workplace that privileges practical speaking skills. Westgate anticipated the national move towards globalization and developed education programs with a new focus on conversational English. Our program is now offered at more than 60 universities and schools in the Greater Tokyo Area and Nagoya, Japan.
Click here to visit the
Westgate Corporation website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel!www.tefl.com.mx