EFL Teacher (CELTA-qualified)
- United Kingdom, BR3 4PR
- Kings Education, London
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 3
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job
Details of Position
Reports to: EFL Director of Studies
Work hours: part-time and full-time roles available, up to 28 lessons plus two non-teaching hours per week; lessons are 45-minutes long
Type of contract: fixed term up to 31st August 2017
Start date: immediate
Duties and Responsibilities
• To teach English Language courses to groups of adults at levels ranging from Beginner to Advanced as directed using up-to-date teaching methodologies and approaches; to reflect systematically on the effectiveness of lessons and approaches to teaching.
• To plan, prepare and deliver well-structured lessons appropriate to the students’ age, nationalities, levels and needs; to differentiate appropriately and respond to the strengths and needs of all students
• To demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
• To prepare weekly progress tests and complete weekly progress reports to monitor student progress
• To set, mark and assess students’ course work, homework and other assignments as appropriate
• To assess and provide timely feedback on achievement, progress and developmental needs to students, sponsors, parents, and academic managers
• To write student progress and end-of-course reports as required
• To encourage students to take a responsible and conscientious attitude to their own work and study by incorporating study skills into their teaching
• To provide academic advice, counselling, educational guidance and regular tutorial support to students; to encourage students to set learning targets
• To plan out-of-class educational visits and activities as appropriate to consolidate and extend the knowledge and understanding students have acquired
• To establish a positive, safe and stimulating learning environment for international students, rooted in mutual respect
• To attend regular meetings for planning, co-ordination and development purposes, as directed
• To manage classroom equipment appropriately and report any malfunctioning equipment to the relevant member of staff
• To complete administrative tasks necessary for the smooth running of the college
• To engage in professional development as appropriate to the needs of the college and your own interests and level of qualification
• To attend and contribute to conferences, courses and other special interest, groups as directed
• To maintain a professional demeanour at all times within the college, helping to create a positive working environment for both students and staff alike
• To take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others who may be affected by acts or omissions related to your work
• To implement the Kings Behaviour and Discipline policy
• To adhere to all statutory regulations and to Kings policies and procedures
• To adhere to the processes and procedures detailed in the Teachers’ Manual and to the Kings Colleges Teachers’ Standards
• To make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the college
• To work collaboratively with other members of teaching or administrative staff
• To maintain high standards in your own attendance and punctuality
• To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as required
These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive and may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.
For more information about Kings please go to our website (link below).
Kings is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
• CELTA or equivalent qualification
• DELTA or equivalent qualification
• FCE, CAE, or IELTS experience
• Business English teaching experience
• English plus Law teaching experience
The right person for the position will:
• be adept at producing and sharing teaching resources
• be capable of delivering dynamic and effective lessons to the full age and ability range of students
• be an innovative classroom teacher capable of helping to develop a syllabus that brings their subject to life for our students
• have highly effective communication skills for dealing with international students
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
• Enhanced DBS check (including photo ID check)
• Confirmation of right to work in the UK
• Satisfactory references (two references required – comments on suitability to work with under 18s will be sought)
Salary and Benefits£15.82 per lesson for DELTA-qualified
£14.50 per lesson for CELTA-qualified
Kings Education, London
More Company Information
Kings Education empowers international students to achieve their fullest ambitions, whether developing English skills for life or graduating from British or American universities. At Kings, students always come first.
25 Beckenham Road
Click here to visit the
Kings Education, London website
- Contact person:
- Joan Yamada Dawson, HR Administrator
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Become TEFL qualified in sunny Malaga in southern Spain or wonderful Rome. Get your passport to live and work in Spain, Italy or anywhere around the globe. EARLY BIRD FEE!APPLY NOW!