Teacher of English
- Poland, Radom
- Oxford Learning Center
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 3
- Degree Required
Details of Position
The school has been operating for 23 years and offers a wide range of courses including General English for young learners (4+), teens, and adults, preparation for Cambridge Exams: PET, FCE, CAE, CPE as well as Polish High School Finals at two levels: Basic (B1) and Extended (B2), 1 – 2- 1s and innovative communication based courses for adults.
For the past seven years OLC has been a member of the British Council Addvantage Programme, received Certificates of Appreciation for the teachers and a Letter of Appreciation from the British Ambassador in Poland congratulating the school on promoting learning English and maintaining high standards of teaching. On top of the above since 2014 we have officially been a certified Cambridge Exams Preparation Center.
Your typical working week will comprise of 24 lessons per week (1 lesson = 45 minutes) – typically two to three 90 minute blocks of group courses a day (1 block = 90 mins) with 10-15 minutes breaks between each block.
The times of lessons are: 15:45 – 17:15, 17:30 – 19:00, 19:10 – 20:40 Monday to Friday.
There may also be some 1 – 2 – 1 lessons in the morning / early afternoon, which may be 45 - 90 minutes long. The majority of lessons are taught on the premises of the school.
The school has been recently modernized. It has a spacious Teachers’ Room with a very well – resourced library, computer, internet access and a photocopier. Each teacher has their own desk, CD player, copies of CDs of courses s/he teaches and coursebooks.
Apart from traditional teaching based on coursebooks, you will also have an opportunity to gain experience using i-tools and a plethora of internet resources in our multimedia classrooms.
OLC is the only school in the region which provides its teachers with a professionally run teacher development programme including daily lesson support with a DELTA qualified and Cambridge Oral Examiner DOS, workshops run by a DELTA qualified DOS and observations.
Since the school is devoted to professional growth, it also offers teachers who decide to commit themselves for longer than 9 – month contracts sponsorship towards the Cambridge CEYL or DELTA courses. The amount of sponsorship is agreed upon on individual basis.
QualificationsOxford Learning Center, a leading private English language school located in central Poland is looking for NATIVE LEVEL SPEAKER teachers from mid-September, 2017.
The requirements we are looking for in an ideal candidate are:
• a degree BA, MA preferably in humanities,
• teaching qualifications – Cambridge CELTA, DELTA or equivalents,
• previous teaching experience preferred,
• excellent health,
• good organization skills, flexibility and eagerness to teach children (8+), teens and adult
Salary and Benefits• guaranteed workload of 22 - 24 hours / lessons per week
• excellent local monthly gross salary – depends on qualifications and experience
• overtime rate above 24 hours per week,
• performance related bonus,
• four weeks of paid holidays in the school year (2 weeks at Christmas,
1 week during winter break, 1 week at Easter)
• flight to Poland reimbursed up to 400PLN
• EU citizens: 100% health insurance against accidents and injuries
• Non-EU citizens: private medical insurance
• fully furnished and equipped studio flat (living room & bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, toilet) within a walking distance from the school
• rent of accommodation paid for by the school
• paid induction at the start of the contract
• participation in in-house and external workshops
• airport pick-up
• assistance in obtaining any necessary documents to live and work legally in Poland
Oxford Learning Center
More Company Information
Oxford Learning Center is a modern, dynamic and professional language school in central Poland with over 16 years' experience in teaching English to students and corporate clients at all levels and ages. We offer a wide variety of General English, Business English, 1-2-1, the state sector examination preparation courses as well as the Cambridge PET, FCE, CAE, CPE & BEC. On our courses we use leading publishing companies' coursebooks and materials. The method we maily use is communicative with an emphasis on developing students' speaking skills.
25 Czerwca 60
Click here to visit the
Oxford Learning Center website
- Contact person:
- Jolanta Gorzkowska, School Director
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.