EFL Teacher & ADOS Positions for Absolutely English Young Learners
- United Kingdom, Sherborne, Dorset
- Absolutely English Young Learners Ltd
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 20
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
We require you to teach 24 hours of group lessons per week in small classes of average 8 students, to teach up to 2 individual lessons per week subject to demand, to eat lunch with your class, and to cover break times on a rota basis. Teaching takes place from Monday to Friday, and your weekends will be free other than the first Sunday of the course, when you will help welcome the new students in the afternoon. We have a dedicated team of activity organisers who take care of activities, excursions, airport pick-ups and pastoral care in the boarding houses, leaving you free to focus on preparing and delivering excellent lessons and to attend meetings and CPD sessions. We are proud of our staff retention with over 50% of our staff returning each year. We believe this speaks for itself.
If you are a capable, creative and inspiring EFL teacher with a passion for teaching and the ability to create exciting interactive classes, Absolutely English Young Learners is looking for you. We provide plenty of support from our experienced year round Academic Manager and Management Team and regular professional development sessions. We are offering 2, 3 and 4 week contracts between 9th of July and 5th August 2017 and a competitive salary for a reasonable work load including paid pre-course training and induction.
We are looking for an inspiring, well-organised TEFLQ teacher to support the Director of Studies in the organisation, administration and implementation of the academic programme. The role will include supervising and supporting a team of teachers, observing lessons, assisting with CPD sessions, overseeing breaks and lunchtimes, and welcoming and assessing new students on some Sundays. You will be available to teach cover lessons or a part timetable as required. This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly, experienced team.
Absolutely English Young Learners is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young learners. Before we can offer you a position, we are obliged to tell you that:
All applicants will be required to complete our application form and supply an up-to-date CV. Any gaps in employment history must be explained satisfactorily. You will also be required to supply the contact details of 2 suitable referees (including at least one former employer) which will be checked prior to employment. The referees will be asked specifically about your suitability to work with children. All employees will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check at Absolutely English’s expense, unless they provide details of their DBS Update Service subscription or have a current Enhanced DBS check. Appropriate local police checks will be required from applicants living overseas. All employees will be expected to provide proof of identity and all relevant qualifications.
- CELTA/TESOL qualified or PGCE (Primary, English or MFL) or equivalent
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- A native speaker level of English
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work in a team and good time management
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Available from July 6th, 2017 for induction and training
- Previous experience working with young learners
- Experience teaching multi-lingual groups
- DELTA or equivalent, MA Applied Linguistics/TEFL or TESOL
- University Degree
- Diploma level qualification - DELTA or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years teaching experience to include substantial experience teaching Young Learners
- Experience delivering CPD sessions
- Experience working in a senior position in a summer school setting
Salary and BenefitsEFL TEACHERS
- £350 per week + holiday pay
- An increment of £40 per week for local, non residential teachers
- £450 per week + holiday pay
- Paid pre-course induction and training
- Full board and accommodation including meals/packed lunches when off duty at weekends
- Single-room accommodation in a separate teachers’ house on site with comfortable lounges, kitchen and laundry facilities.
- Outstanding premises and facilities within easy walking distance of all amenities
- Free WiFi throughout the campus
- Use and highly subsidised membership of on-site leisure centre with pool, state-of - the–art gym and fitness classes.
Absolutely English Young Learners Ltd
3 Offa Road
- +44 (0)7840882637 or +44 (0) 845 519 8012
Click here to visit the
Absolutely English Young Learners Ltd website
- Contact person:
- Lorna Richter, Academic Manager
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?