Residential Summer School EFL Teachers
- United Kingdom, Kent, Surrey & Warwickshire
- Thames Valley Summer Schools
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 30
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
For over 40 years, we've been helping young people from all over the world to improve their command of English. During this time, over 55,000 students have spent the summer with us and, in the process, have enjoyed a complete English experience.
We take enormous care in choosing our centres. Only prestigious boarding schools are considered and we look at everything they have to offer - from their location through to their range of facilities.
• Epsom College
• St. John’s School, Leatherhead
• Rugby School
• Sevenoaks School
We are now recruiting suitably qualified and motivated EFL teachers wishing to work in a professional environment on our British Council accredited summer courses. It is very important that our students are happy and well-looked after in all areas of the programme so we are looking for EFL teachers who not only have a passion for teaching but who are happy about all aspects of the role and will fulfil their supervision, airport, recreation, excursion and welfare duties as enthusiastically and professionally as they do their academic ones.
You'll get lots of support including a full, paid induction prior to the start of the course on all aspects of your role and throughout the course you will be supported by the Course Director for airport duties, the Recreation Director/Recreation and Welfare Co-ordinator who is in charge of the recreation and excursion programme and the Housemaster or Housemistress in charge of the boarding house you are resident in.
On the academic programme you will have both a Director of Studies and a Senior Teacher who'll give you lots of hints and tips and observe you, giving both written and oral feedback, as well as access to a wide range of EFL resources.
Most importantly, a team of EFL experts have designed a teaching syllabus to help reduce your planning and preparation time.
All residential staff receive free full-board accommodation.
- British Council recognised EFL teaching qualification, e.g. Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL or equivalent
- a University Degree
- a native speaker level of English
We welcome applicants with a PGCE in English/MFL with an ELT/TESOL subsidiary.
- applicants with specialist Young Learner qualifications
- previous residential experience, especially with children
We have an average 70% staff returning each summer. Although experience is preferred, we also welcome applications from newly qualified teachers.
If you are not an EU citizen, you must have a valid work permit for the UK.
Thames Valley Summer Schools is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. As part of our commitment:
• All references will be followed up
• Referees will be asked specifically if there is any reason why you should not be allowed to work with under 18-year olds
• Any gaps in your employment history will need to be explained satisfactorily
• Proof of identity and qualifications will be required and photocopies of the original certificate will be taken
• All candidates are required to hold or undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS, formerly CRB) check and/or, if living overseas, provide a Certificate of Good Conduct from their local police force
Salary and BenefitsFrom £375 - £440 per week plus between £45.45 and £53.33 per week statutory holiday pay, depending on your experience/ qualifications and the type of course.
EFL Teachers receive:
* holiday pay at 12.12%
* a comprehensive pre-course paid induction
* support from a strong senior staff team
* academic support from a Director of Studies, a Senior Teacher and the Director of Education
* access to extensive EFL resources
* free internet access
ALL RESIDENTIAL POSITIONS INCLUDE FREE FULL BOARD ACCOMMODATION.
In addition, for employees of Thames Valley Summer Schools who know of any friends or colleagues we offer a 'Thank you' of £100 for each friend or colleague introduced who we successfully employ!
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE OUR APPLICATION FORM WHICH YOU WILL FIND ON OUR WEBSITE (link below) CLICK ON ‘WORKING FOR US’ AND YOU CAN VIEW ALL OUR VACANCIES, READ A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND COMPLETE OUR ONLINE APPLICATION FORM.
We conduct Skype interviews for our EFL Teacher positions. Personal interviews (when applicable) are held at our Head Office in Windsor.
Please note that due to a large number of applicants we are only able to contact successful candidates. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK as we do not sponsor work permit visa applications. Thank you for your understanding.
Thames Valley Summer Schools
13 Park Street
- +44 (0) 1753 852001
- +44 (0) 1753 831165
Click here to visit the
Thames Valley Summer Schools website
- Contact person:
- Lisa Bishop, Vice-Principal & Director of Education
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Get your hands on a 100% online business. Run from anywhere with just an iPad! Only 2 franchises left for 2017.Click here to watch this short video.