- United Kingdom, United States, South of England and USA
- Kings Summer
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 50
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
Students attending our summer schools receive a combination of English language tuition and a comprehensive programme of activities and excursions.
We are now looking to recruit enthusiastic, professional EFL Teachers in our various locations in UK and USA for work starting in late June/early July
The role of the Teacher at Kings Summer is to provide EFL instruction to our international students.
Some of our schools operate a double shift system where half the students have lessons in the morning and the other half in the afternoon. In this scenario teachers will have 30 teaching hours per week and also work a full day excursion or airport transfer
In the single shift scenario teachers are expected to teach 15 hours and do activity sessions and a full day excursion or airport transfer.
All teachers are expected to do some meal and bedtime duties
All teaching staff work a 6 day week
Kings Summer is committed to ensuring the safeguarding of our students., All summer staff will be expected to adhere to our Child Protection policy. References (2 recent professional referees ) will be followed up, gaps in CVs/resumes must be explained satisfactorily and appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment. Applicants based overseas will be asked to provide evidence of a 'clean' local police check.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. We do not sponsor work permit visa applications
• Providing EFL instruction (15 or 30 hours per week)
• Attendance at regular staff meetings and teacher development workshops
• Monitoring and counselling of students on academic matters
• Ensuring students are prepared in class for excursions
• Submitting regular specified academic paperwork to Director of studies
• Leading and supervision of on site activities and off site excursions (when teaching 15 hours)
• Assisting with meeting and greeting/checking in students at airports
• First Degree or Equivalent (Level 6 qualifications and Credit Framework)
• Recognised teacher training qualification (CELTA, Trinity Cert. TESOL or equivalent)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Energy, enthusiasm, and an empathy with children/teenagers
Salary and BenefitsFrom £360 basic + 12.07% holiday pay per week
Full board accommodation included for residential staff
More Company Information
Kings Summer is the division of Kings Colleges, (a British Council accredited English language teaching organisation founded in 1957), responsible for its several residential summer English language programmes for young learners in the UK and the USA. We recruit Centre Managers, Directors of Studies, Activity coordinators, House Parents, English teachers, and sports/activities leaders.
Unit N2 - N4
Click here to visit the
Kings Summer website
- Contact person:
- Mary Doody, Director
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Over 35,000 students successfully trained, free guide to TEFL, free lesson planning workbook, access to thousands of teaching jobs. Book your TEFL course now!www.tefluk.com