Summer school ESL teacher/activity leader
- United Kingdom, London SE1 9JA
- Blue Sky Education & Travel (UK) Limited
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 20
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
Jul - mid Aug
Training prior: date to be confirmed
There are 2 available roles:
• ESL teacher (with academic and activities and welfare duties)
• Activity Leader (with activities and welfare duties only)
Both residential and non-residential positions are available.
The role of summer school Teacher/Activity Leader requires engagement in all aspects our school as directed by the Director of Studies and Centre Manager. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, engaging, flexible and have a high level of responsibility and authority. Successful candidates will be required to undertake a DBS check.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• To teach as required.
• To plan and deliver engaging and dynamic leadership workshops, classes and events.
• To assist in placement testing along with other assessments throughout the course.
• To maintain accurate records of work, registers and lesson plans.
• To undertake all administrative tasks in a timely fashion.
• To assist all students in deriving the maximum benefit from the course.
2. Activities and Welfare:
• To supervise, engage and encourage students to participate fully in all aspects of the leisure and activity programme.
• To prepare, lead and deliver safe and exciting activities and excursions.
• To promote the safety and welfare of all students in BlueSky’s care.
• To assist with student arrivals and departures.
• To assist with general day to day duties including meal monitoring and administration tasks, as directed by senior staff.
• To ensure students are informed about meeting points and times along with upcoming events.
• To respond to problems and emergency situations as appropriate.
• To protect the property and resources of BlueSky and its partners. Be responsible for packing resources in an organised manner.
• To understand and adhere to the BlueSky Child Safeguarding and PREVENT policies.
Qualifications• Native Level English speaker
• CELTA/TESOL cert or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in ESL
• Experience in delivering leadership courses/programmes an advantage
• Responsible, enthusiastic and organised
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to use own initiative and lead activities/excursions
• Approaches work with a flexible ‘can-do’ attitude
• Educated to A Level or equivalent
• Be available to attend training prior to the camp
Salary and BenefitsCore salary and bonuses:
TEACHER (academic, activities and welfare duties)
• Weekly basic salary: GBP 350 (residential) or GBP 430 (non-residential)
ACTIVITY LEADER (activities and welfare duties only)
• Weekly basic salary: under 24 years old - GBP 292 (residential) or GBP 334 (non-residential), over 25 years old - GBP 304 (residential) or GBP 346 (non-residential)
Benefits (full information provided at interview)
• Teacher training sessions
• Class observation and feedback
• Specialist role bonus
• Contract completion bonus
• Returning teacher bonus
Blue Sky Education & Travel (UK) Limited
More Company Information
Blue Sky Education is an educational English camp provider in Singapore, UK, and Australia. Our camps take place every year during school holidays in the winter and summer. We have multiple camp runs for 2-3 weeks each, with leadership and public speaking being a strong component of the camp. We are proud to provide international students with an incredible opportunity to master the English language while exploring cities and surrounding places of interest, including world-class universities.
Aldgate Tower, 2 Leman Street
Click here to visit the
Blue Sky Education & Travel (UK) Limited website
- Contact person:
- Hannah Dunhill, Operations Manager
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.