Campus Managers for Summer 2017
- United Kingdom, Various
- PLUS - Professional Upper Linguistic Studies
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 15
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• To set up and manage PLUS summer campus according to Head Office guidelines.
• To coordinate cordial and transparent communication between the centre, clients, service providers and Head Office and represent PLUS positively at all times.
• To liaise with Group Leaders daily, both informally and at scheduled meetings. To communicate with them and understand their needs and expectations and to cooperate with them at all times.
• To deal with day-to-day problems and implementing workable solutions.
• To line-manage PLUS leisure staff and to ensure they successfully deliver the activity programme.
• To control the expenses budget, deal with petty cash according to Head Office procedures and maintain accurate accounting records and receipts.
• To close down the centre, pack up and return all PLUS stock, equipment and funds according to guidelines.
• To attend the Campus Manager induction weekend.
• To be fully aware and conversant with PLUS policies for the welfare and protection of the students and act as named Safeguarding person.
• To maintain student discipline in residences, liaising with the management team and Group Leaders.
As part of our Safeguarding procedures, applicants should please note that:
• References will be followed up
• All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
• Proof of identity and (where applicable) qualifications will be required
• Reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that they should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
• Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Qualifications• Native or native level English speaker.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
• Flexibility and ability to work in a high pressure environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Computer literate.
• Valid DBS check (or local equivalent).
• Valid First Aid Certificate.
• Previous experience of summer schools, preferably in the ELT market. (desirable)
• Experience of working with minors. (desirable)
Salary and Benefits• Weekly salary of between £500 and £850, dependant on the size of the centre and applicant experience.
• A performance related bonus up to £200.
• Free full board accommodation.
• Full training at our induction weekend.
• First Aid Certificate expenses reimbursement, if required.
• Free internet access.
PLUS - Professional Upper Linguistic Studies
More Company Information
PLUS has 40 years experience teaching English as a foreign language to overseas teenagers. We offer year round courses for small groups of students and junior summer courses across the UK and Ireland.
8-10 Grosvenor Gardens
Click here to visit the
PLUS - Professional Upper Linguistic Studies website
- Contact person:
- Kamila Klosinska, Academic Manager
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel!www.tefl.com.mx