Summer School Centre Manager
- United Kingdom, Various
- PLUS - Professional Upper Linguistic Studies
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 15
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• To set up and manage PLUS summer campus according to Head Office guidelines.
• To coordinate cordial and transparent communication between the centre, clients, service providers and Head Office and represent PLUS positively at all times.
• To liaise with Group Leaders daily, both informally and at scheduled meetings. To communicate with them and understand their needs and expectations and to cooperate with them at all times.
• To deal with day-to-day problems and implementing workable solutions.
• To line-manage PLUS leisure staff and to ensure they successfully deliver the activity programme.
• To control the expenses budget, deal with petty cash according to Head Office procedures and maintain accurate accounting records and receipts.
• To close down the centre, pack up and return all PLUS stock, equipment and funds according to guidelines.
• To attend the Campus Manager induction weekend.
• To be fully aware and conversant with PLUS policies for the welfare and protection of the students and act as named Safeguarding person.
• To maintain student discipline in residences, liaising with the management team and Group Leaders.
As part of our Safeguarding procedures, applicants should please note that:
• References will be followed up
• All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
• Proof of identity and (where applicable) qualifications will be required
• Reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that they should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
• Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Qualifications• Native or native level English speaker.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
• Flexibility and ability to work in a high pressure environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Computer literate.
• Valid DBS check (or local equivalent).
• Valid First Aid Certificate.
• Previous experience of summer schools, preferably in the ELT market. (desirable)
• Experience of working with minors. (desirable)
Salary and Benefits• Weekly salary of between £500 and £850, dependant on the size of the centre and applicant experience.
• A performance related bonus up to £200.
• Free full board accommodation.
• Full training at our induction weekend.
• First Aid Certificate expenses reimbursement, if required.
• Free internet access.
PLUS - Professional Upper Linguistic Studies
More Company Information
PLUS has 40 years experience teaching English as a foreign language to overseas teenagers. We offer year round courses for small groups of students and junior summer courses across the UK and Ireland.
8-10 Grosvenor Gardens
Click here to visit the
PLUS - Professional Upper Linguistic Studies website
- Contact person:
- Kamila Klosinska, Academic Manager
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.