EFL Teachers, DoS for Summer Centres in various locations
- United Kingdom, Dover, Leeds, Chichester, London
- Twin Summer Centres
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 50
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
- Duke of York's Military School in Dover (residential); 10.07-21.08.17
- Leeds Beckett University (Headingley Campus) in Leeds (residential); 02.07-30.07.17
- Chichester College in Chichester (residential); 02.07-30.07.17
- Ravensbourne University in North Greenwich, London (EFL teachers only); 12.07-16.08.17
- Blackheath, London; 19.07-16.08.17
• Delivering enjoyable lessons in which students’ learning goals are met
• Delivering engaging activity sessions and informative and well organised excursions
• Ensuring the health, safety and welfare of students at all times
In residential centres working hours may be any time from 08.00 to 21.00 and split shifts are common. The working week (6 days) is made up of 15 hours teaching plus 29 hours activities, excursions, airport meet and greets, and supervision duties. Activities are in either the afternoon or evening on a rotational basis. At Ravensbourne working week (6 days) is made up of 6 hours teaching per day for 5 days + 1 full day excursion or airport meet and greet. At Blackheath, 5-day working week consists of 15 hours teaching (3 mornings + 1 full day).
You must be able to attend an induction on 9.07.17 (Dover centre), 1.07.17 (Leeds and Chichester centres), 11.07.17 (Ravensbourne centre) or 18.07.17 (Blackheath centre) for which you will be paid £60 on completion of contract.
•Overseeing effective implementation of academic programme
•Ensuring informative, engaging and communicative lessons are taught
•Ensuring the health, safety and welfare of students at all times
Working hours may be any time from 08.00 to 18.00 six days a week/ five days at Blackheath.
You must be able to attend an induction in London on June 17th + 18th 2017 and be available to start working on July 8th (Dover centre) or June 30th (Leeds and Chichester centres) and July 17th (Blackheath) for which you will be paid £250 in total on completion of contract.
Twin Training International is committed to safeguarding. For all applicants called to interview:
• References will be followed up with specific questions as to applicant’s suitability to work with persons under 18
• All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
• Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
• Successful candidates will be required to undertake a DBS check (All staff must have a clear DBS check before starting work. If you already have a DBS check and are registered with the update service, we will need your ID number and permission to check your status online. If you already have a DBS check (within the last 3 years) but are not registered with the update service, we will need to see your existing check but you will also need to apply for a new check. Twin will cover the cost of your initial DBS check. If you intend to work for Twin again in the future, you must either sign up for the update service or apply for a new DBS check at your own expense after 3 years’ continuous service or any break in employment.)
• Successful candidates will be required to complete two hours of on-line safeguarding and health and safety training prior to commencing employment
• Successful candidates will be expected to actively engage in the safeguarding of under 18s
To apply, complete an application form on our website. Please, note that only complete applications through our website will be considered.
We also have Centre Manager and Activity and Student Welfare Manager positions available. For more information visit our website (link below).
First Degree + CELTA or Trinity TESOL Certificate or PGCE in English/modern languages with ELT/TESOL subsidiary or equivalent
•Educated to degree level
•Diploma level qualification (DELTA/Trinity TESOL Diploma and/or MA with a substantial element of observed teaching practice)
Salary and BenefitsEFL Teacher: 2-4/6 week contracts paid at £385.64 per week (including full board accommodation in a single room - bathroom ratio 1:4 in Dover and single ensuite in Leeds and Chichester) + statutory holiday pay (calculated at 12.07% of gross pay). At Ravensbourne: 2-5 week contracts paid at £425.25 per week + statutory holiday pay (calculated at 12.07% of gross pay). At Blackheath: 2-4 week contracts paid at £286 per week + statutory holiday pay (calculated at 12.07% of gross pay).
DoS: 4/6 week contracts paid at £466.60 per week (including full board accommodation in a single ensuite) + statutory holiday pay (calculated at 12.07% of gross pay) in residential centres and £418 per week + statutory holiday pay (calculated at 12.07% of gross pay) at Blackheath.
Twin Summer Centres
More Company Information
Twin Summer Centres is a busy summer only operation. We would be delighted to welcome you to our unique style of educating and entertaining international students from around the world. We are always looking for enthusiastic and professional staff to join our team in summer, including qualified EFL Teachers and Director of Studies. Newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply and will receive full academic support on site by the Twin Director of Studies.
12 Lambarde Square
- 020 8297 3287
Click here to visit the
Twin Summer Centres website
- Contact person:
- Recruitment Team, Summer Centres
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel!www.tefl.com.mx