English Language Teacher
- Thailand, Trat
- Trat English Community (TEC)
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 2
- Degree Required
Details of Position
Duties will include:
* Preparation of lessons
* Teaching 20-24 hours per week
* Participating in classroom observations to improve teaching
* Engaging students with storytelling and puppets
* Being a role model to students on how to be a successful language learner
* Developing supplementary materials and improving our courses
* Contributing to special events and professional development at the college
* Providing formative assessment for students to improve their English skills
QualificationsMinimum Bachelor Degree
120-hour, classroom-based, teaching certification (e.g. Celta or equivalent)
Preference will be given to candidates with some teaching experience and/or teaching qualifications
Salary and Benefits* 34,000-40,000 Thai baht per month depending on qualifications and experience (Trat is a small town with a low cost of living)
* One-year (12-month) contract
* End of contract bonus of 20,000 baht
* 4 weeks paid holiday per year (including some national holidays)
* Health & medical insurance
* Visa & work permit for 1 year
* Thai teaching support in young learner classes
* Assistance in finding accommodation and transportation
* In-house training and professional development
Applicants need to complete a cover letter detailing why they would be suitable for this position with an up-to-date resume and passport photo. Our students are predominantly young learners, primary students and teenagers.
Initial interviews will be conducted using Skype and potential candidates will need to discuss a range of teaching concepts and complete a lesson plan. We would like the new teachers to start in April/May but can be later if required. If you want to find out more about us, then check out our Facebook Page and sister web-site TEC² (link below) which gives advice on using technology in the classroom.
Applications should be sent to Damien Herlihy, Director of Studies.
Trat English Community (TEC)
More Company Information
Trat English Community (TEC) is a small community-based English language college that offers a range of courses suitable for all ages. We use the latest teaching technologies and methodologies to help students achieve their language learning goals. Our core philosophies are as follows: 1. Collaborate which means connect with as many people as possible professionally and socially (via face to face interactions and through online networks) to better ourselves, others and the community around us through education. 2. Play which means a spirit of fun and humour in everything we teach. 3. Equalize which means levelling the playing field so advantaged to disadvantaged students all have the same opportunity to better their lives through education. 4. Create which means thinking laterally and being innovative in everything we do. 5. Facilitate which means guide people in activities that optimize the conditions for learning through the latest technologies and methodologies. Come join the community today!
949/11 M. 12 Nean Ta Maew A.
Click here to visit the
Trat English Community (TEC) website
- Contact person:
- Damien Herlihy, Director of Studies
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
The International TEFL Institute offers accredited, tutor assisted, all-inclusive Online TEFL Courses – Certificate 120 hrs & Master Diploma 250 hrs. Teach English Abroad and Travel the World. Enroll Today.Click to find out more.