STAFF WANTED: JOIN OUR TEAM! Residential TEFL required for college course with LEC
- United Kingdom, England, U.K.
- LEC - Langues Education Connaissances
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 50
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
We are looking for a new TEFL to join our experienced team, for all aspects of tuition, supervision of students in the college, and accompaniment and leadership during activities. There will also be the opportunity to join students on half-day and full-day excursions to places of interest such as Cambridge, Bath, Oxford, Exmouth, London, Bristol, Cardiff, Sherborne, Leeds and York.
Your key responsibilities:
• Teaching 15 hours per week. Classes are given by French Teachers and TEFLs in 3 groups of about 12-15 students (typically aged between 10 and 17 years old). Each group will have a one-hour lesson per day with you, and two-hours of lessons with the other teachers.
• Accompanying and supervising students on excursions, and during sports and activities (on a rota basis).
• Responding to general emergencies at all times and maintaining proper levels of student discipline, safety and welfare when on duty.
• Supervising students during wake-up, meal times and lights out, along with your fellow team members.
This is a RESIDENTIAL position, so you must be prepared to engage in all aspects of life in the college, on a rota basis.
PLEASE KINDLY INDICATE YOUR AVAILABILITY FOR APRIL/JUNE/JULY/AUGUST (OR ALL 4) IN YOUR COVER LETTER.
TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK ON THE "Apply" button below IN ORDER TO FILL OUT OUR APPLICATION FORM.
QualificationsYou personal qualities and credentials:
• You are mature enough to deal with students between 10 and 17 years of age.
• You are dynamic, organized, adaptable and able to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment.
• You are a native level English speaker and eligible to work in the UK.
• You are a qualified TEFL, and possess any of the following qualifications :
2 A-levels or degree + TEFL Cambridge CELTA
2 A-levels or degree + TEFL Trinity College CELTA
2 A-levels or degree + PCGE
English or foreign language teacher with QTS status
If you have no qualification in TEFL, you must have a Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) by virtue of a qualification recognized by the DfEE to teach other academic subjects or particular age groups.
• Experience working with children/teenagers would be an advantage.
Salary and BenefitsWe offer:
• Residential vacancies in June, July and August in colleges throughout the UK.
• Full-board accommodation and all catering.
• Good rates of pay.
LEC - Langues Education Connaissances
More Company Information
LEC, a French Paris-based company, has been providing French students with linguistic study stays abroad for more than 40 years. For our residential stays, we hire the facilities of a number of prestigious private schools throughout April, July and August in the UK. We are looking for a number of EFL teachers and Activity Leaders to join our team. There are a number of venues available on a residential basis in various locations across England. www.lec.info
Click here to visit the
LEC - Langues Education Connaissances website
- Contact person:
- Charlotte BONAVENTURE, LEC UK Human Resources
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel!www.tefl.com.mx