TEFL Teachers needed for summer schools in GREENWICH LONDON & COLCHESTER, University of Essex
- United Kingdom, London
- St Andrew's College Language Schools Ltd
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 50
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job
Details of Position
We require enthusiastic, motivated and proactive teachers to deliver high quality ELT learning experiences.
These posts are non- residential and are teaching only posts, no need to assist with excursions or activities.
Teachers are provided with full support, including guidelines, Teacher’s Handbook and a wide variety of teaching materials. They are responsible for the planning and teaching of effective EFL classes and related administrative tasks. A full range of supplementary resources are provided. Staff receive a teacher’s handbook which includes our syllabus guidelines, pre-excursion lessons, project work ideas and testing procedures.
Teachers’ hours are spread over a 35- hour, five-day working week and all full time staff receive weekends off each week. The number of teaching hours will vary according to the needs of the centre, and will normally be 30 hours per week. Teaching, administration (e.g. meetings, updating records of work, etc.) and lesson preparation time, is also included within the 35 hours teaching week.
Teachers are required to attend daily briefing meetings as well as partake in the weekly INSET training which is organised by the Director of Studies or Academic Manager. There may be the opportunity of overtime at the Director of Studies or Academic Managers discretion at some points during the course.
On the application form, you will be required to sign a form declaring details of any criminal convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings, and any other information that may have a bearing on your suitability for the post. Furthermore, if your application is successful, you may be subject to CRB background check. (Payable by the employee)
All non-management staff undergo a paid induction day, and you may be asked to start work after this induction. Both the induction and the work afterwards (if applicable) are paid.
In some occasions, we run classes in the afternoon as well as the morning, hence you may be required to teach all day.
Reports to: Director of Studies / Academic Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To have read and understood the staff handbook and be fully conversant with our policies for the welfare and protection of children. At all times whilst on duty, staff are responsible for the care, welfare and safety of students whilst also ensuring they are following school rules.
2. Plan, prepare and teach English to a high standard, with the emphasis on oral communication.
3. Assist in the running of the Student Placement Test as directed.
4. Complete documentation as required, including registers and weekly plans.
5. Be observed by the Director of Studies/ Academic Manager or Senior Teacher, usually during the second week of employment, and take part in the employee appraisal system. Additional feedback may be given at the end of the course.
6. Attend meetings as arranged by the Director of Studies/ Academic Manager.
7. Maintain proper records as directed by the Director of Studies/ Academic Manager.
8. Encourage the involvement of students in activities and events. The activity programme is as important as the academic programme, and students have the right to expect an equally high standard of delivery for both aspects.
9. Admin duties as designated by the Academic Manager / Director of Studies
12. Ensure that all St Andrew’s College Language Schools Health & Safety policies are implemented and monitored.
13. Accompany students on one half day excursion during employment.
13. Additional duties as required.
Native or near native level of fluency in English
Degree or equivalent
RSA CELTA or Trinity TESOL Certificate
Flexibility, especially in non-teaching duties, and a team player
Genuine interest in both the teaching and welfare of young students
Enjoy working with young students in out-of-class activities and excursions
Smart and tidy appearance
Salary and BenefitsSALARY PER WEEK:- £437 (5 Days) & £52.75 holiday pay per week (Total £489.75 per week)
Holiday pay is paid at 12.07% of gross basic pay.
Salaries are paid in arrears into a UK bank account every week.
Staff do not receive any overtime payment unless this is expressly agreed with the Director of Studies.
St Andrew's College Language Schools Ltd
More Company Information
St Andrew’s College Language Schools Ltd are British Council Accredited providers of ELT. In 2016 we will run Junior Summer Camps, ages 9 - 18, at University of Essex Colchester, Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh, UWS, Hamilton City of Glasgow College and UWS Ayr.
The Pentagon Centre
36 Washington Street
- 0141 229 0963
- 0141 226 3944
Click here to visit the
St Andrew's College Language Schools Ltd website
- Contact person:
- Simon McMillan, Director
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Become TEFL qualified in sunny Malaga in southern Spain or wonderful Rome. Get your passport to live and work in Spain, Italy or anywhere around the globe. EARLY BIRD FEE!APPLY NOW!