Teaching English for high school (from grades 6 - 12)
- Vietnam, 80 Nguyen Duc Canh street, Tan Phong ward, district 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Lawrence S.Ting School
- Experience: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Positions: 5
- Freelance Position
- Degree Required
Details of Position
Lawrence S. Ting School (LSTS) is a private, non-profit, co-educational school enrolling students from Grade 6 through Grade 12 following the Vietnamese DOET curriculum with an extended ESL language program. The LSTS school campus is approximately two hectares in size. The school building is 4 floors and has a library, three IT labs, a 400-seat auditorium, four art rooms, and six science labs. Additionally, there is a large outdoor swimming pool, basketball courts, a small football pitch, an indoor gymnasium, a school store and cafeteria. Classrooms are outfitted with A/C, desktop computers, high-speed Internet, white board (front and back of room), HD projector, and plenty of wall space for class decoration.
We are currently looking for qualified native level (L1) English ESL teachers for the full-time teaching.
- Monday – Friday from 7:30 AM – 4:30PM (1.5 hours for lunch)
- Teaching time is 26 periods per week, one period is 40 minutes.
- Weekly PLC Meetings for teacher collaboration (horizontal and vertical articulation)
- Monthly PD sessions
- Weekly lesson plans for all classes are required
- Degree Required
- Preferred qualifications:
- TEFL Certificate,TESOL Certificate,Cambridge CELTA
- Native level English speaker preferred
- Current location:
- Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, United States
Qualifications- First and foremost, you must love to work with young teenagers and enjoy teaching ESL.
- Secondly, you must be a positive, out-going, self-aware, reflective person who likes to teach, work in a team, and is open to learning and sharing knowledge.
- Thirdly, you must be ICT literate – know how to use a computer, use the Internet to find teaching resources, use Microsoft Office software, check and respond to email, upload/download resources, etc.
As for the formalities, only applicants who are native level English speakers will be considered. All applicants must have, at minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, or
- Bachelor’s degree and English language teaching certification (CELTA, TESOL, TEFL); or
- Bachelor’s degree and B. Ed / PGCE in TESOL / TEFL / Applied Linguistics
Salary and Benefits1. Salary
1a. Gross Salary is be started from 3,000 USD per month (school will pay all taxes on teacher’s behalf)
1b. Salary offered is dependent on qualifications and verifiable classroom teaching experience
2. Full-time Contract
3. Paid holidays
3a. 2 weeks for TET Lunar New Year
3b. All statutory national holidays
3c. Basic salary during student’s summer
4. Health Insurance
4a. Local Health insurance
4b. Accident insurance
5. Work Permit and Temporary Residence Card
5a. Once the teacher has provided all requisite documentation for the work permit, the school process the application for the work permit and pay all related fees as well as renewals.
5b. Upon issuance of teacher work permit, the school will pay for and process the temporary residence card, which will negate the need for a visa
6. Teaching Support & Benefits:
- Teachers will have the same classrooms and classes all year long
- Modern educational facilities
- Robust online teacher platform to track student marks, communicate with students and parents;
- Reflective peer observation program to support teaching team;
- Professional Learning Community (PLC) on a weekly basis for 1.5 hours to collaborate with team members;
- Professional Development once month, which focuses on building teacher efficacy in modern pedagogy
Lawrence S.Ting School
More Company Information
Lawrence S.Ting School (LSTS) is a private Vietnamese school consisting of a comprehensive middle school and a comprehensive high school ranging from grade-levels 6-9 and 10-12. LSTS is situated on two hectares of prime real estate in the peaceful, affluent and modern Phu My Hung urban area in district 7, Ho Chi Minh City. LSTS serves the unique and demanding educational needs of families in HCMC who are in search of a high-quality, international-standard education for their children.
80 Nguyen Duc Canh street,Tan Phong ward,District 7, Ho Chi Minh city,Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh city
- +84.08.5 411 0040/ Ext: 502
- +84.08.5 411 0039
Click here to visit the
Lawrence S.Ting School website
- Contact person:
- Dang Thi My Phuoc, HR staff
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Get your hands on a 100% online business. Run from anywhere with just an iPad! Only 2 franchises left for 2017.Click here to watch this short video.