Residential Course Director
- United Kingdom, Various
- Discovery Summer
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
Dates (including set up and induction): Thursday 5 July – Tuesday 1 August 2017
Age range: 14-17 years
At Winchester College we offer an intellectually stimulating summer school designed for high level students (upper-intermediate to proficiency) who choose different Majors and Minors each week e.g. IELTS Exam Prep, Business Studies, Drama, Film Making, International Relations/Model UN, Creative Writing, Debating, Digital Photography, Leadership Skills.
We are looking for an inspiring and enterprising Course Director who is committed to delivering a challenging, high quality programme. Proven leadership skills + excellent inter-personal and customer care skills are required.
You will be responsible for managing and leading the course effectively and for the safety and well-being of all course participants. You will be managing the senior team plus a team of teachers and activity leaders (approx. 15 staff in total).
Discovery Summer is committed to ensuring the safeguarding of children and young people and we expect our staff to share this commitment. To this end, all references will be followed up, gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
• Degree, higher qualification or equivalent
• Flexibility and ability to oversee a busy centre with energy and enthusiasm
• Proven organisational, administrative, IT and record keeping skills
• Proven management and team leadership experience
• Proven inter-personal and customer care skills
• Ability to guide and support members of the senior management team
• Ability to manage course finances competently
• Residential experience
• Love and interest in working with aspirational teenagers
• Experience of working with international students
• EFL teaching experience
• First Aid Qualification (Discovery Summer will pay for a 1 day first aid course if necessary)
Salary and BenefitsResidential posts with free board and lodging offered. You will work a 6 day week.
Up to £930 per week + £425 for pre-course work undertaken (paid with first payroll) + statutory holiday pay (12.07% paid with final payroll)
Please see the employment page of our website for a full job description and further information about the recruitment process. To apply, complete the relevant application form and email together with a CV and covering letter stating why you are the right person for the job.
More Company Information
Discovery Summer specialises in residential courses for juniors (8-17 years) run at top UK boarding schools during the summer. We also organise day courses in London for adults (18+) and juniors (5-17 years). In our 2014 British Council inspection we were awarded 13 strengths out of a possible 15. Discovery Summer is currently ranked as the top multi-centre summer school in the UK.
33 Kensington High Street
- + 44 (0)20 7937 1199
- + 44 (0)20 7937 3344
Click here to visit the
Discovery Summer website
- Contact person:
- Leonora Child, HR and Academic Manager
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel!www.tefl.com.mx