EFL TEACHERS - SPRING AND SUMMER 2017
- United Kingdom, United Kingdom
- Accord Manchester
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 50
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
• Teach 5.5 days per week, Elementary to Advanced levels. Maximum class size: 15
• Follow Accord-ISS’s course plan syllabus, project topics and language activities (full training provided)
• Prepare lessons with clear teaching aims, relevant differentiation and appropriate content
• Accurately maintain up-to-date daily class registers and lesson records
• Administer placement/progress tests and write end-of-course reports
• Maintain a positive and controlled learning environment in the classroom at all times
• Attend weekly teacher development meetings and input sessions, as required
• Undertake any additional duties to assist in the day-to-day running of the Summer School
• Assist with activities/excursions and, when required, airport transfers (Saturdays & Sundays)
• Maintain a friendly, courteous, sensitive and professional manner at all times
• Respond positively to feedback and guidance
2017 EASTER COURSE
Rossall School, Fleetwood – Monday 24 April to Friday 5 May (Induction: Sunday 23 April)
2017 SUMMER COURSE DATES:
Moira House, Eastbourne – Sunday 2 July to Saturday 12 August (Induction: Saturday 1 July, 10am)
Bethany, Goudhurst – Sunday 9 July to Saturday 5 August (Induction: Saturday 8 July, 10am)
Rossall School, Fleetwood – Sunday 9 July to Saturday 5 August (Induction: Saturday 8 July, 10am)
Bernard Castle School, Barnard Castle – Sunday 2 July to Saturday 29 July (Induction: Saturday 1 July, 10am)
QualificationsESSENTIAL: Teachers who possess a native/near-native level of competence in English
University degree (completed in any discipline)
CELTA/Trinity Certificate TESOL (or Accreditation UK recognised equivalent)
At least 1 year’s experience, preferably with Young Learners
Availability for pre-course induction (dates vary according to centre)
DESIRABLE: DELTA / CELTYL / QTS (Primary or Secondary) and Summer School experience
All references will be checked regarding each applicant’s suitability to have responsibility for, substantial access to, and care of children under 18.
Proof of Identity and all relevant qualifications will be required and photocopies taken of the original certificates.
An enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check will be completed prior to confirmation of appointment.
Foreign police checks will be required, where necessary.
Any gaps in an applicant’s employment history must be explained satisfactorily.
Salary and BenefitsCompetitive salary: Residential - £360 per week. All food and accommodation is provided.
Non-Residential - £15 per hour.
More Company Information
Accord-International Summer Schools has 4 UK-based school centres. Student numbers from any one country are limited to ensure a good mix of international students. English lessons are provided 5 mornings a week with a full activity/excursion programme in the afternoons/evenings. Most staff positions are residential and involve some pastoral care.
64-72 Spring Gardens
- 0161235 5222
Click here to visit the
Accord Manchester website
- Contact person:
- Anne Huscroft, Recruitment Manager
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Over 35,000 students successfully trained, free guide to TEFL, free lesson planning workbook, access to thousands of teaching jobs. Book your TEFL course now!www.tefluk.com