- United Kingdom, Sussex
- Bede's Summer School
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 20
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
We are looking for suitably-qualified, talented teachers who have not only a passion for teaching, but also the ability to adapt to all the different aspects of the role, and for those who are willing to carry out non-academic duties such as supervision duties and airport duties with professionalism and flexibility.
Bede's Summer School operates across 7 different idyllic locations from the beginning of July until mid August.
* Teaching up to 25.5 hours per week (Depending on the centre)
* Following the Bedes syllabus and guidelines
* Ensuring a positive learning environment is maintained in the classroom at all times
* Preparing lessons during the allocated preparation time in the teachers room
* Responding positively to feedback
* Maintaining up-to-date class registers and lesson records
* Attending all teachers meetings, general staff meetings and input sessions, as required
* Satisfactorily completing daily lessons plans, administering progress tests and writing end-of-course reports
* Being fully involved in placement testing (conducting and marking tests)
* Assisting in airport transfers and excursions, when required (Saturdays or Sundays)
* Undertaking any other duties to assist in the day-to-day running of the Summer School
* Maintaining a friendly but professional manner at all times
How to Apply
For further details on the role and how to apply please visit our website (link below).
If you have any queries or questions please contact us.
All staff applying with have stringent checks made as to their suitability to work with children.
All references will be checked and will include a specific enquiry as to whether there is any impediment to you being employed in a situation where you will have responsibility for, substantial access to, and care of children under 18;
An enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check will be made prior to confirmation of appointment;
Where appropriate foreign police checks will be required.
Proof of identity and all relevant qualifications will be required and photocopies taken of the original certificates;
Any gaps in your employment history must be explained satisfactorily
**TO APPLY, COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE BEDE'S SUMMER SCHOOL WEBSITE**
**ONLY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THROUGH THE BEDE'S SUMMER SCHOOL WEBSITE WILL BE CONSIDERED**
Native/near-native competence in English
University degree (in any discipline)
CELTA/Trinity Cert. TESOL (or Accreditation UK recognised equivalent)
2 years EFL Young Learner Experience
QTS (Primary or Secondary)
Summer school experience
Salary and BenefitsCompetitive salaries from £465 per week (+ statutory holiday pay),
All food and accommodation is provided by Bede's.
Bede's Summer School
More Company Information
Bede's runs 7 summer school centres in Sussex for 4-7 weeks during July and August. Students are aged 6-20 and come from over 30 different countries around the world. They have English lessons in the morning and participate in activities and sports in the afternoon and evening. They also have two excursions per week. Bede's runs a high quality course and is accredited by the British Council.
- 01323 443818
- 01323 848188
Click here to visit the
Bede's Summer School website
- Contact person:
- Danny Kenward, Staffing Manager
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Over 35,000 students successfully trained, free guide to TEFL, free lesson planning workbook, access to thousands of teaching jobs. Book your TEFL course now!www.tefluk.com