Assistant Professor of English as a Foreign Language at Woosong University
- South Korea, Daejeon
- Woosong University
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 30
- Degree Required
Details of Position
Non-tenure Track General English Language Professor (GEL)
- Teach a variety of credit and noncredit English as Foreign Language classes
- Maximum teaching 20 hours per week, 4 office hours and 2 hours every two weeks for professional development. Classes are taught from Monday to Friday during the morning, afternoon and evening although most classes are in the morning and afternoon.
- Bilingual (Korean and English) GEL Professors who can translate and interpret may have admin opportunities.
- Woosong is one of the largest employers of foreign English teachers in Daejeon. We currently have over 130 foreign faculty working in our English program alone.
- Daejeon is the 5th largest city in South Korea. It is a major urban city and the cost of living is cheaper than in Seoul or Busan.
- Our website see link below
Woosong Hiring Committee
QualificationsREQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Only candidates meeting these requirements will be contacted:
- Satisfy the requirements for an E2 or F visa in South Korea
- Native or near native English Speaker
- Master's degree (Education, English, or Linguistics preferred) and 2 years of verifiable English teaching experience acquired after the master’s degree
- PhD (Education, English, or Linguistics preferred)
Experience must be:
- Full time English teaching at a university, college or corporation (not from private academies)
- Primary or secondary level outside of Korea is acceptable with teaching licensure
- Accrued after the time spent pursuing a master’s degree
- Verifiable through letters from employers or certificates of employment
Salary and BenefitsSTARTING SALARY
- 2,700,000 to 3,500,000 Won per month
- Relocation allowance of 40,000 Won per day for up to seven days for those applicants currently living outside of Korea (payable with first pay check).
- Airfare allowance (an additional 300,000 Won after your first month and 700,000 Won upon contract completion) for all first year teachers.
- One month's additional salary is paid as a bonus upon the completion of a second year’s contract and every year contract thereafter.
1) For Single teachers – a rent-free partially-furnished apartment close to the campus (single accommodation) is offered depending on availability or, in lieu of an apartment, a housing stipend* of 400,000 Won per month.
2) For married teachers and teachers with families – Woosong does not provide a partially-furnished apartment but a housing stipend* of 500,000 Won per month is offered. In the case that two teachers are married to each other and working for Woosong as a couple two housing stipends* of 400,000 Won are offered to the couple.
*The housing stipend does not include key money and Woosong will not provide key money, advancements, or loans to its employees.
- Vacation – 6 weeks paid
- Medical / Dental: National Health Insurance plan approximately 3.5% of your salary per month
- Private Pension Fund approximately 8% of your salary per month
- Mentoring program for those new to Korea, or Woosong
- Free Korean language classes
More Company Information
- Woosong is one of the largest employers of foreign English teachers in Daejeon. We currently have over 130 foreign faculty working in our English program alone. - The Woosong campus is centrally located between the bus terminal, train station and downtown area (10 min by taxi, 30 min walk). - The Woosong subway station is a 15 min walk from campus or a 5 min bus ride. - Daejeon city is 1 hour from Seoul and 2 hours from Busan by KTX. http://www.woosong.org/wli/
196-5, Jayang-dong, Dong-Gu, Daejeon
Click here to visit the
Woosong University website
- Contact person:
- Stephen, HR Director
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?