Assistant Professor of English as a Foreign Language at Woosong University
- South Korea, Daejeon
- Woosong University
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 30
- Degree Required
Details of Position
Non-tenure Track General English Language Professor (GEL)
- Teach a variety of credit and noncredit English as Foreign Language classes
- Maximum teaching 20 hours per week, 4 office hours and 2 hours every two weeks for professional development. Classes are taught from Monday to Friday during the morning, afternoon and evening although most classes are in the morning and afternoon.
- Bilingual (Korean and English) GEL Professors who can translate and interpret may have admin opportunities.
- Woosong is one of the largest employers of foreign English teachers in Daejeon. We currently have over 130 foreign faculty working in our English program alone.
- Daejeon is the 5th largest city in South Korea. It is a major urban city and the cost of living is cheaper than in Seoul or Busan.
- Our website see link below
Woosong Hiring Committee
QualificationsREQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Only candidates meeting these requirements will be contacted:
- Satisfy the requirements for an E2 or F visa in South Korea
- Native or near native English Speaker
- Master's degree (Education, English, or Linguistics preferred) and 2 years of verifiable English teaching experience acquired after the master’s degree
- PhD (Education, English, or Linguistics preferred)
Experience must be:
- Full time English teaching at a university, college or corporation (not from private academies)
- Primary or secondary level outside of Korea is acceptable with teaching licensure
- Accrued after the time spent pursuing a master’s degree
- Verifiable through letters from employers or certificates of employment
Salary and BenefitsSTARTING SALARY
- 2,700,000 to 3,500,000 Won per month
- Relocation allowance of 40,000 Won per day for up to seven days for those applicants currently living outside of Korea (payable with first pay check).
- Airfare allowance (an additional 300,000 Won after your first month and 700,000 Won upon contract completion) for all first year teachers.
- One month's additional salary is paid as a bonus upon the completion of a second year’s contract and every year contract thereafter.
1) For Single teachers – a rent-free partially-furnished apartment close to the campus (single accommodation) is offered depending on availability or, in lieu of an apartment, a housing stipend* of 400,000 Won per month.
2) For married teachers and teachers with families – Woosong does not provide a partially-furnished apartment but a housing stipend* of 500,000 Won per month is offered. In the case that two teachers are married to each other and working for Woosong as a couple two housing stipends* of 400,000 Won are offered to the couple.
*The housing stipend does not include key money and Woosong will not provide key money, advancements, or loans to its employees.
- Vacation – 6 weeks paid
- Medical / Dental: National Health Insurance plan approximately 3.5% of your salary per month
- Private Pension Fund approximately 8% of your salary per month
- Mentoring program for those new to Korea, or Woosong
- Free Korean language classes
More Company Information
- Woosong is one of the largest employers of foreign English teachers in Daejeon. We currently have over 130 foreign faculty working in our English program alone. - The Woosong campus is centrally located between the bus terminal, train station and downtown area (10 min by taxi, 30 min walk). - The Woosong subway station is a 15 min walk from campus or a 5 min bus ride. - Daejeon city is 1 hour from Seoul and 2 hours from Busan by KTX. http://www.woosong.org/wli/
196-5, Jayang-dong, Dong-Gu, Daejeon
Click here to visit the
Woosong University website
- Contact person:
- Stephen, HR Director
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel!www.tefl.com.mx