Teacher Trainer (Course Tutor)
- Austria, Vorchdorf, Vienna, Graz, Austria
- English Teacher Training College
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 4
- Degree Required
Details of Position
The English Teacher Training College and its associated Bilingual Classroom Initiative (ABCi) is a not-for-profit Austrian College based in Vorchdorf and Vienna with a dual mission: Firstly, as a college, to provide a practical education in teacher training for student teachers from the English-speaking world based solely on the candidate's academic merit. Secondly, as a charity outreach, to promote language learning, cultural exchange and foster understanding between English-speaking countries and Austria by bringing hundreds of teachers from England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, America, Canada, New Zealand and Australia into Austrian classrooms to reach every child with a free English project by the year 2020.
As the College is growing there are several vacancies right now. Please visit our website (link below).
• Lead a group of approximately 5 student teachers from English-speaking countries on a TEFL course.
• Act as a course tutor to train, observe and give constructive feedback to student teachers
• Liaise with Austrian teachers and school directors to conduct part of a community outreach program teaching English to German-speaking students from the ages of 8 to 15
• Teach in Austrian schools and at the College campus
• Ensure the material well-being of student teachers under your tutelage
• Network with Austrian education officials and potential sponsors
• Coordinate paperwork, fundraising and logistics with office staff
• Use social media to promote the College’s ABCi outreach to Austrian schools
• Help oversee the use of the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
• Take lead on special projects
QualificationsThe ideal candidate will speak English at a native-speaker level, have a Bachelor’s degree, TEFL certification, manual driving license and have experience that demonstrates both a genuine talent for working with children and teacher training skills.
• DipTESOL or DELTA certification or equivalent required (level 7 qualification). Please note that a pass in DipTESOL Unit 4 or Delta Module 2 or pass in the teaching practicum element of an MA/L7 PGCE in EFL (or equivalent) is required.
• Two years' ESL experience
• Driving license required
• Candidates with experience in a non-traditional teaching environment such as summer camps, youth groups or outdoor education will be preferred
• Residence and work permit for Europe
Salary and Benefits24.598,00 Euros gross annual salary (depending on experience)including Christmas and summer bonus. Health and accident insurance plus pension benefits and severance pay. 25 days Holiday days per year (not including 13 additional Austrian public holidays). Exceptional work will be rewarded with raises/promotion.
• The Course Tutor will be provided with access to an ABCi car, laptop and phone as necessary
• Further professional training and development as appropriate
• Full room and food expenses with internet access when based away from home
• Work-related travel costs
• Evenings, weekends and Austrian public holidays free
English Teacher Training College
More Company Information
The English Teacher Training College (ABCi) is a non-profit Austrian College with a dual mission: Firstly, as a college, to provide a practical education in teacher training for trainees from the English-speaking world based solely on the candidate's academic merit. Secondly, as a charity outreach, to promote language learning and cultural exchange between English-speaking countries and Austria. We aim to reach every child with a free English project by the year 2020.
- 0043 7614 514 00
Click here to visit the
English Teacher Training College website
- Contact person:
- Scott Torrance, Admissions Officer
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Join our TEFL course and start working in Prague right away! Accredited TEFL training with focus on teaching practice. Highly experienced trainers, friendly staff, job guarantee for successful graduates, accommodation, airport pickup, visa and housing assistance.www.teflinprague.com