EFL and IB PYP Early Years Teachers – Not an Agency
- China, Chengdu. Sichuan. China
- Education Organisation
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 10
- Degree Required
Details of Position
We are looking for dedicated professionals who share our passion for international education and language learning. With a work force fast approaching seventy overseas employees and with an excellent reputation in settling in, caring for and developing our teachers, it is no wonder that lots of our teachers stay and grow with us for many years.
Within our many schools we have a range of different opportunities for both inexperienced and highly experienced teachers:
EFL kindergarten teachers – teaching EFL classes in a more traditional early years setting with multiple classes to teach per week – Suitable for more inexperienced teachers.
ESL Preschool teachers – focusing on English but teaching only one class for the entire week – this role is most suitable for experienced early years EFL teachers looking for professional development opportunities.
Experienced ESL early years teachers – Focusing on the whole child, these teachers have experience of working as a classroom teacher in an early years setting. This role involves teaching a wide scope of curriculum and is suitable for teachers with good EFL/ESL experience who are looking to make teaching their career in the future.
Qualified early years staff – This position is available for teachers with early years or early elementary teaching qualifications in their home country and are willing to learn the complexities and joys of the IB PYP programme. It is best suited either to experienced teachers looking for a cultural experience or newer qualified teachers looking for a way into international school teaching.
PYP Early years teachers – Our most advanced position is for qualified teachers with experience in the IB PYP programme
Wherever you may start on the ladder, and depending on your determination, all our positions offer the opportunity to progress and develop to higher grades and have rich professional development opportunities.
- Degree Required
- Native level English speaker preferred
QualificationsDifferent qualifications and experience requirements apply for each position. However, we generally have two sets of requirements.
· Loves working with children (Most important)
· Good collaborative working skills
· Interested in Chinese culture
· Professional work ethic
· Bachelors degree in any subject
· 2 years post degree experience or 120 hours TEFL certified
· Native Level Speaker or degree in English language and excellent grasp of English
· Willingness to learn a challenging curriculum
· Experience as a full time early years classroom teacher needed for more senior positions.
Qualified and PYP positions
As above, plus
· Certified to teach early years or early elementary in a Western country
· B.Ed or above in education or teaching
· Experience as a classroom teacher facilitating all subject areas
· PYP positions require at least one year full time classroom experience in an IB PYP world school or 2 years in a PYP candidate school
IMPORTANT NOTE : Due to the new policy of visa application, you are required to provide authenticated degree ,criminal record check and stamped or signed teaching related reference letter.
Salary and BenefitsSALARY RANGES (in RMB) – all depend on experience
· EFL kindergarten teachers – 10–13,000 (depending on location)
· ESL preschool teachers 12-14,000
· Experienced ESL early years 14-16,000
· Qualified early years staff 18-24,000
· PYP early years teachers 20-30,000
· Signing/settling in bonus
· free independent (not shared) housing or a housing allowance
· one month salary year-end bonus, in lieu of travel fees
· For higher positions - increased employability as a result of working in an IB World School All legal visas and experts licensing
· Better salaries for teachers with PYP teaching experience.
· Additional professional development for long term contracts
· Work conditions and culture more reflective of international values
7-8 weeks holiday per year (at fixed times)
All fully legal working visas and documents provided
CAREER PROSPECTS for classroom teachers
The PYP curriculum is an extremely rewarding but also highly challenging curriculum for teachers. There is a lot to learn with also a lot to benefit.
Working with the PYP helps teachers genuinely put in place the kind of education that they have always thought schools should have. At the same time, it offers great prospects for future career development and opens up future career possibilities at some of the top schools in the world.
We also offer professional development opportunities to our EFL teachers, to either take on more responsibilities in their current roles or move towards the international schools.
More Company Information
Golden Apple has been in operation in Chengdu for 20. We currently have 30 Kindergartens including 2 IB Schools and employ over 45 foreign teachers. We have an outstanding reputation and are considered the premium young learners Education group in Sichuan. We publish our own curriculum and have state of the art facilities in all schools.
No 7 Xinguang Rd.
Feng Hua Community
- 85199369 ex. 8017
Click here to visit the
Education Organisation website
- Contact person:
- Rod Starr, Vice Director
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel!www.tefl.com.mx