Teach English in South Korea (Daegu, the 3rd largest city)
- South Korea, Daegu Metropolitan City
- Experience: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Positions: 10
- Degree Required
Details of Position
Teach English to young learners at private English language schools (so called 'hagwon') with small-sized classes in Daegu Metropolitan city, the 3rd largest city in South Korea with its population of around 2.5 million and over 1,000 native English speaking teachers currently working in Daegu.
About Daegu city
The City of Daegu is located inland, southeast of the Korean Peninsula. Its population is around 2.5 million. It takes around 1 and half hour to Seoul and 1 hour to Busan by express train (KTX).
How to Apply
Please send your resume and recent photos with your available date for employment in S.Korea by email or post them on our website (link below).
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- a photocopy of Bachelor's degree certificate with apostille attached (a photocopy of Bachelors degree certificate verified by a Korean consulate in Canada for Canadians)
- an original copy of national (FBI) criminal background check issued within 6 months with apostille attached (an original copy verified by a Korean consulate in Canada for Canadians)
- a copy of passport information page
- resume with your name, contact number, address, and signature
- five passport-sized color photos with white background
- E-2 Applicants Health Statement (Foreign language teachers are supposed to take a medical check at a general hospital in South Korea within 3 months after arrival for alien registration card.)
- must be native level English speakers with the nationality of Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, U.K., or U.S.A. (alphabetical order) by the Korean government's Policy
Salary and Benefits- monthly salary of 2,100,000 Korean Won
- one-way flight ticket to Korea or a return flight back home
- rent free fully-furnished single housing within 10-15 min. walking distance of work
- severance pay, equivalent of 1 month's salary, after completion of 1-year contract
- around 10 days vacation scheduled by school and additional national holidays a year
- half of medical insurance premium and national pension paid by the employer
- fewer than 10 students at each class
- length of contract: 1 year
More Company Information
DaeguTEFLjob has recruited native English speaking teachers for private language schools (hagwon) in Daegu, the 3rd largest city in S.Korea since 2013. There are around 400 private English language schools and over 1,000 native English speaking teachers in Daegu. Teaching positions are available all year round so you can apply anytime in a year.
6F, 191, Sanghwabuk-ro,
Click here to visit the
- Contact person:
- Gene Kim, Manager
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
The International TEFL Institute offers accredited, tutor assisted, all-inclusive Online TEFL Courses – Certificate 120 hrs & Master Diploma 250 hrs. Teach English Abroad and Travel the World. Enroll Today.Click to find out more.