- China, Suzhou, China
Native English Kids' teacher, Suzhou 'Paradise on Earth'.
- EF English First
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 2
- Degree Required
Details of Position
Whether you want to relax by one of the lakes, mix with the locals, or live it up in western restaurants and nightclubs, you can do it all in Suzhou. It's a great place to work.
We are currently accepting applications for Childrens teachers as we expand our third school in Suzhou, and open more thereafter: teachers who are committed to their individual student's development, and working with their parents to improve their learning experience.
EF Suzhous Core values include a passion for teaching, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire to learn. We have developed a collaborative foreign-management style and have worked hard to ensure the cross-cultural teams work well together in a happy and supportive environment. Peer observations and workshops are encouraged across departments with the objective to help us all be the best that we can.
Teachers looking to work for academic excellence are most welcome and will enjoy the experience. There are real career opportunities for those wishing to stay and grow with the company into management positions, and drive it to be the best private language school in Suzhou, with possible bursaries for qualifications such as the Cambridge DELTA and a mini MBA.
Our schools are modern, well equipped and progressive with IWBs in each room and school-wide WiFi. Classes are based on EFs own syllabus and text books, and lesson plans and materials are provided.
We teach small classes of students, mainly children as young as 3 years old to teenagers. This breadth and variety of students gives our teachers great opportunity to develop into well rounded, experienced professionals.
In addition, we offer a continuous teacher development programme of training, observations and workshops. We greatly value our more experienced members of staff and encourage them to become involved in this.
Theres always someone on hand to offer some teaching advice and support, or to go and grab a bite to eat with; and there are many foreigners living and working in Suzhou and we are well catered for by famous brand restaurants, supermarkets and shopping malls.
There is a fantastic support system and network of both foreign and Chinese staff, meaning that our team is fully provided for in terms of both professional development and social opportunities. Teachers are never short of help and support at work, or of company and a full social life outside of work.
Recognised TEFL* certificate.
2 years experience in an educational environment: with kids is preferred
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Native English speaker (USA, UK, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand and Australia)
*Teachers who do not have a teaching certificate have the option of taking a government sponsored TEFL course on arrival.
Salary and Benefits
All positions include the following:
* Additional 9000RMB Flight Allowance payable at 50% after 6 months, and the remainder at 12 months.
* Additional health insurance – EF international policy
* Additional paid visas and residence permits – fully compliant with local laws. (This is so important.)
* Paid holidays – 10 days + all national holidays.
* Additional student enrollment and retention bonuses.
* Additional contract re-sign bonus of 70% of base salary.
* Support from senior management for academic excellence with excellent classroom materials, and teacher-led procurement.
* Career opportunities within EF’s network of language centres.
* EF National Academic Development program for continuing professional development.
* We offer free Mandarin classes for foreign staff, including online learning at Chinesetownef.com
* Support of English speaking colleagues to help you settle in.
* Pick up in a private car from Shanghai airport with an English speaking member of staff.
* SIM card with staff and important numbers.
* Initial 2 weeks in a hotel whilst you find accommodation; again with the full support of local staff.
EF English First
More Company Information
EF, the expert in English teaching Established in 1965, EF has helped over 15 million people worldwide to learn a new language and travel abroad. With 27,000 teachers and education professionals, and over 400 centers and schools around the world, EF is the world's largest privately-owned education organization. This large community allows us to recruit the best teachers possible to teach English with us. Teach English with a global company As a global company, EF offers great opportunitie
1001-1005, Jin He International Building
88 Shishan Road
- +86 185-0153-7454
- +86 0512-65220578
Click here to visit the EF English First website
- Contact person:
- David Barber, Senior Director of Studies
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
TEFL.Careers - Search, compare and review Teacher Training Courses
The International TEFL Institute offers accredited, tutor assisted, all-inclusive Online TEFL Courses – Certification courses & Short courses. Job guidance and internships available. Teach English Abroad and Travel the World. View our Specials - Enrol Today.
Click for information