Director of Studies - Cologne
- Germany, Cologne
- marcus evans linguarama
- Experience: 5 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Job SummaryDirector of Studies, Cologne
The successful candidate will manage the pedagogical aspects of the centres and report directly to the Centre Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Trainer or ADoS who wishes to further develop their career in a supportive, well-established and successful professional training centre with a large team of committed and experienced, full time and freelance trainers.
Details of Position
COLOGNE - DIRECTOR OF SUDIES;
marcus evans linguarama is a well-established, European wide executive language training company which specialises in providing customized language courses and corporate training solutions for professionals and international companies. We have over twenty centres across Europe including eight in Germany. The majority of our training programmes are designed for those wishing to improve their English language skills for specific business purposes. We also organise specialist skills training courses (e.g., English for Presentations, Meetings and Negotiations, HR, Law, etc), Cross Cultural training courses as well as training programmes in a wide range of other languages. Courses are delivered by teams of experienced and committed full time and freelance teachers who possess a degree and a recognised TEFL qualification. The courses take place both at our centres and also in-company.
We are now recruiting for the position of Director of Studies, Cologne. The successful candidate will manage the pedagogical aspects of the centres and report directly to the Centre Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Trainer or ADoS who wishes to further develop their career in a supportive, well-established and successful professional training centre with a large team of committed and experienced, full time and freelance trainers.
This is a management level position with responsibilities for all areas of pedagogy and quality control. The successful candidate will be responsible for the pedagogical management of the centre. The post includes:
- responsibility for leading and developing the teaching teams - each centre has both a large team of full time and freelance English teachers as well as teachers of Other Languages - through recruitment, mentoring, training, observation, regular feedback and meetings;
- involvement in the whole process of running a course: testing, needs analysis, course programming, ongoing course monitoring and feedback activity;
- involvement in providing pedagogical support for the sales activities of the centres: attending client meetings and liaising closely with the Centre Manager;
- a teaching element;
- general support for the Centre Manager.
- Degree Required
- Preferred qualifications:
- Cambridge CELTA,Cambridge DELTA,Trinity CertTESOL,Trinity DipTESOL
- Teaching experience:
- 5 years
- Native level English speaker preferred
- Applicants should have at least 4 - 5 years relevant teaching experience/other work experience and the Cambridge ESOL DELTA Trinity Dip TESOL or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills; the successful candidate must be a team player.
- A minimum level of A2/B1 in German.
- Experience of teacher training is desirable but not essential.
- A commitment to both the pedagogical and commercial development of the centre is essential.
Salary and BenefitsThe benefits for this position is as follows:
- Salary: 2560 euros per month (13 months)
- induction, on-going training and support;
- opportunities for structured career development;
- a professional, positive and supportive work environment; and
- assistance with initial travel and accommodation.
marcus evans linguarama
More Company Information
Linguarama is a language training organisation specialising in training people in business, the professions and government organisations.
Click here to visit the
marcus evans linguarama website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Take a highly accredited TEFL course with the established provider TEFL Org UK & become a highly employable, skilled teacher ready to work anywhere in the world within weeks. Start your TEFL adventure today.www.tefl.org.uk
Train To Teach
Join our TEFL course and start working in Prague right away! Accredited TEFL training with focus on teaching practice. Highly experienced trainers, friendly staff, job guarantee for successful graduates.www.teflinprague.com